Chapter 9

I think my ears are bleeding from all their talks about fashion, jewelry, events coming up, and even the new invention about botox.

Botox invention?

Ugh! Elisa, one of mom's friends can't even move her mouth because of too much botox. And now she wants another one just because she heard there's a new invention that can make you look like a teen.

Seriously? Is that a magic? Why are they buying this nonsense anyway?

Good thing mom doesn't overdo hers. She does it to remove wrinkles but that's about it. She is natural and beautiful as always.

Feeling bored and exhausted, I excuse myself from them and went to the washroom to refresh myself.

"God, I feel like I need to pass out from all the chatting." I murmured to myself.

I was inside one of the stalls when I heard voices.

"Did you see that bitch? She annoys me too much! She's not even that beautiful!" A familiar high pitched voice complained.

"I know right! She is so annoying and not beautiful even!" Another voice parroted.

"Who are we talking about?" The third person curiously asked.

"You know who! That arrogant bitch Cassandra, of course!" She announces with great conviction.

Oh me again? Why am I always stuck in this kind of situation? The last time I eavesdropped about myself it was also in a washroom.

"Yes! She's an arrogant bitch!" Mimics the second person which I realize was Cher and the other woman is Miranda who has a high pitched voice.

"She thinks she's high above everyone else. Like she's better than anyone! And she's trying to steal Alexander from me!" She screeched.

What? Why would I do that? And besides Alexander is not even her boyfriend and from the way he acted earlier, I'm pretty sure he's not even interested in her. She's being delusional! I just rolled my eyes.

"Really? She did that?" The third person whom I still didn't recognize exclaimed.

"Yes, she did! I saw it with my own two eyes!" Cher assent like she's a minion following whatever her master says.

Then dramatically the unknown person whispered. "You know I heard from a friend who heard it from her cousin that Cassandra is having a secret affair with her bodyguard for years now! And they're saying that they have a baby somewhere hiding from society!"

What?! That's the most ludicrous story I've ever heard. A baby? With my bodyguard? First of all, I don't even have a boyfriend so how can I have a baby?! And second, I'm still a freaking virgin! And that bodyguard thing again?! He has a name by the way and Carl is married! Why would I ruin a marriage?!

"Oh my God!! Really?! She's such a slut! I'm telling you! She's just pretending to be all innocent but deep inside she's a whore! Cher reacted with pure disdain.

Excuse me! Don't you dare call me a whore! The only whore here is you and your master! I screamed in my head.

"Ah well, I don't think that's true though." Miranda informed calmly.

Huh? I blink. She's defending me now?

"What are you saying? A lot of people knew about that. It's swirling around the society for weeks now."

"No, those rumors are false." Miranda interjects. "Firstly, I know who spread those rumors and those women like to invent false stories. They just hate her guts that's why they're doing it." Yes, thank you, Miranda! Maybe I judged her too quickly. She's a nice woman after all.