Chapter 22

Alexander choked and coughed loudly. "What? A wedding?"

"Yes, Alexander! It's been planned for years now. Cassandra already agreed. Right, dear?" They all look at me and I feel like the room is closing on me.

Alexander looks so lost. "Cassy? Are you okay with this?" I nod once, my body couldn't move. It felt stiff.

"But...but no one informed me. I'm not ready to get married yet." He said looking at his mom. Oh my God! He thought we're going to get married.

Lucas chuckled. "Relax cousin! You don't have to worry about your bachelor life. You're not getting married yet."

"What?" He looks confused.

"We know we can't push you to do something that you don't like. You're very stubborn, son!" His dad explained while chuckling. Well, actually they were all smiling excluding Alexander and I. Alexander looked so confused while I don't even know which emotion I'm feeling is heavier, being afraid that Alexander will get mad at me for marrying someone and not telling him or being heartbroken because of what he said that he doesn't want to marry me. My emotions are in chaos that I felt like collapsing.

"And since we always wanted to unite our family, we decided to arranged Lucas and Cassandra to get married. It will be a good thing actually. You still handles the Hartford's company while Lucas here will be handling the Collins empire soon." His dad explained further.

"Isn't that nice dear? Our family will be united soon. And their future kids will carry both our names. It's a perfect match!" She giggled happily.

"NO!" I jumped at the sound of Alexander's voice.

Everyone was quiet as they look at him.

"There will be no wedding taking place in this house!" He declared with emphasis on the word wedding.

"Alexander! It's been agreed and planned to celebrate the wedding at our house. We can't..."

"I SAID NO MOTHER! I will not allow this to happen!" He roared like an angry lion. He then looks at me accusingly. I'm shaken by how intense his look is.

"Enough Alexander! Don't you talk to your mother like that!" His Dad shouted. I could see how mad he is by the redness of his face.

"Alexander..." I said in a shaky voice. He gazes at me with full of despair and betrayal.

He stood up abruptly which caused the chair to stumble backward. He walks out of the house like an angry bull.

"Alexander come back here! I'm not done talking to you!" His father stood up and shouted to his son.

The people around the dining table were so quiet that I could even hear the fast beating of my heart. I didn't know I was sobbing when I felt a hand placed on mine.

I look at Lucas. "Don't worry Cassandra, I'll talk to him."

"Lucas, just let your cousin be. He will get over it soon." John interfered.

"I don't understand what's going on with that boy! I don't know why he's so against the wedding taking place in this house." Stella looks so confused and frustrated.

I sobbed loudly. You don't understand! It's not about the venue! I felt like shouting at them.

"Now, now honey." My mom pats my head tenderly. "We can just do the wedding at our estate. It would be a great place for a garden wedding." She said while hugging me.