Epilogue

I saw Cassandra running towards her mom, face red from crying with her rumpled school uniform and pigtails askew. I smiled. She's really cute.

"Hey honey, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Her mom asked looking so concerned.

"Cassy stole my hair clip!" She put her hands on each side of her hips while stamping the ground. I chuckled lightly, totally entertained by this little brat's antics.

"Honey, why would anyone steal a hair clip?"

"Well, Cassy did! That was my favorite one mom!" She pouted cutely while crossing her arms.

"How can you accuse someone like that honey? That's wrong. We can just buy a new one for you."

"But it's true!" She screamed. "She's a brat in our school! She stole it! It was lost yesterday and I saw her wearing it this morning. It was the same as mine, it has a rose flower on it with pink stones!"

Mmmm. Was it the one I gave her?

"Don't raise your voice, young woman. We didn't teach you to talk back to us like that. You're the one who's acting like a spoiled brat right now."

"Ugh!" She stamped her foot again. Just then she noticed me staring at her. Her cute tear-stained face scowled at me and stick out her tongue. I just chuckled and shakes my head. She then wrinkles her nose in a very adorable way and spin around towards the house.

"Cassandra come back here! We're not done talking!" She just ran inside without turning back at her mom.

"Oh, that girl!" Mrs. Collins looks at my mom. "She gives me headaches sometimes. It's her father's fault. He's spoiling her all the time. He gives her everything she asks."

"Is that why you have a pink house in your estate?" My mom giggled and points to a small house with pink paint all over it.

"Yes, I mean she asks for a barbie house and my dear husband exaggerated it and instead built a life-size barbie mansion!"

My mom laughs. "Well, it's quite big for a barbie house though. Look at that, a person could practically live in that house."

Mrs. Collins rolled her eyes. "Exactly!"

"So what are you going to do about that hair clip? Are you going to buy it?"

"Of course, I would. She would go ballistic if we're not going to buy it. I just don't know where to get the exact same thing." She then looks at me. "Alexander, do you think they still have those hair clips in the store where you bought it?"

"Was it from me?" Okay, so it was really my gift then. I remember I gave her a hair clip that matches the dress I bought for her birthday last year.

"Oh, yes it was from you. I think it was a Christmas or birthday gift last year? Can't remember really."

"I'm not certain if they still have it at the store though but I'll find it."

The next day I went to the shop but the sales clerk told me it wasn't on display anymore since it's already out of season. She told me they probably have it in their outlet branch in LA.