Chapter 24

I look at him, then stare at the ring on my finger. It's so stunning. Should I risk my heart again? Should I trust this man not to hurt me again? What about our family? My parents? His parents? Lucas? They're expecting me to fulfill my duty. But is it the right thing? If I disobey them am I going to be happy? I look at Alexander again. Are we going to be happy?

"Love, we can just go back if you want to. I told you, I will never force you to do anything that you don't like." He stares into my eyes deeply like he's looking at my soul.

"Alexander, I..."

"Wait...uhm...before you say anything, I just want you to know that if you agree to marry me, I promise to be there to cheer you up when you are feeling down."

"I promise to listen to all your rants and frustrations even if my ear will bleed from it."

"What?" I frowned at him.

He smiled. "You talk too much, love."

I crossed my arm. "That's not going to win me over, you know."

He took my hands and hold it on his chest near his heart. "I promise to support your dreams and passions. I'll always be in front cheering for you. I will be your number one fan." He smiled.

"I promise I wouldn't complain or get mad if you prank me again." He said while giving me a straight face.

I laughed. "That was a long time ago. I would never do that again." He just gave me a skeptical look as I look at him innocently.

"I promise to give you a foot massage every other night."

"Why not just every night?" I asked curiously.

"That would be unrealistic, I know I couldn't keep that promise and it's too tiring, love."

"Be serious!" I giggled.

"I promise to say I love you when you start losing it."

"What? What do you mean?" I gave him a questioning look.

"You don't realize this love but you've always been a little crazy since you were young."

"Hey!" I smack him. "I am not!"

He laughs loudly like it's the funniest joke ever. I gave him my fiercest death glare.

"Ahem...I promise to make you laugh." I raised my eyebrow.

He pinched my nose. "I promise to always remind you of how much I love you, to give more effort into this relationship."

"I promise that you will never feel alone again, Cassy. I will always be by your side forever."

I didn't realize my tears are already flowing again.

"But I can't promise not to hurt you. I might do or say things that will make you cry but I will never hurt you intentionally Cassy. I'm not perfect. I am still a work in progress. And I will try my best to be better for you."

He gave a shaky breath. "So that's it! I've already exhausted all the promises in the world. I know people usually say promises are made to be broken. But if you will give me a chance Cassy and I'll prove to you that they are wrong." I felt like my heart is ready to burst with happiness.

"Oh, Alexander! How could I ever say no to you?" I hug him tightly.

He looked at me with wide smile. "Is that a yes then? Please say yes." His eyes look so hopeful and happy.