Chapter 15

Eight days!

Eight days since that incredible and unforgettable encounter with Alexander and I haven't spoken to him since. He said he'll just wait for my call, to give me space and time to think about his proposition.

I've been tempted to call him a couple of times but I couldn't bring myself to dial his number.

Well? What are you waiting for then? You were supposed to call him yesterday! My mind scolded.

I decided not to pursue it. I'm not sure if it would work out well anyway. I know he said it will be like a teacher-student relationship thing, nothing romantic but what if someone falls in love? Worst, what if I do?

This would not do! It wouldn't be good for the both of us. Especially since I know we will never be together. My life has been planned since I was born. I should never overlook that part.

Ha! As if Alexander will ever fall for you! Stupid mind.

Besides, our parents will certainly object if they know something is going on between us. Which, thank god, Alexander, and I agreed to keep what happened between us that weekend a secret. No one should know or else it will be a total catastrophe.

I just finished my yoga class when I bumped into Miranda.

"Cassandra! I didn't know you come here too."She said giving me her perfect fake smile.

"Oh! Hello Miranda! I'm always here for my yoga and pilates classes. And you? I don't usually see you here." I gave her a friendly smile. Of course, I only see her in parties flirting with men. I surveyed around and see a lot of men. Or, she's here to flaunt and flirt as well. I said to myself dryly.

I look back at her. She's wearing matching pink leggings and a sports bra which makes her breasts look ready to spill out and of course paired with pink sneakers. Wow! she looks like a living barbie, blonde hair with a matchy pink outfit. Cute!

Yes, definitely she's here to catch his next Ken.

"Well, my girlfriends usually comes here and they ask me to try this gym." She looks behind me and smiled. "You seem alone darling. Your friends didn't come today? Oh, you poor thing!" She said with sympathy but her eyes couldn't hide how she gloated that I don't have friends which she obviously knows. Yeah! Barbie fits her perfectly, so plastic!

I gave her my most charming smile. "Well, I prefer to be alone. You don't need someone chattering and talking your ear off while doing yoga. Right?" I'm referring to you by the way. I added in my head.

"Oh! Ha-ha totally!" Then she turns and leaves.

"Bye!" What's wrong with her?

I shake my head. I don't know why I keep on giving her the time of day! And she thinks I'll be affected?

Pfft...Pathetic! Friends? I'll show you a friend!

I look at my watch, it's still eight o'clock. He's scheduled to leave at ten. I still have time to go to the airport. I left the gym and directly went home.

As we reached my building I told the driver to keep the car running as I'll be down in fifteen. I run up and went directly to my room.

I know I said I decided not to go but things changed. Good thing I already packed my bags. I called Carl to bring my luggage in the car while I quickly showered and changed my clothes.

I can't believe I could finish this fast. I was huffing and puffing when I reached my car.

While on the way I decided to call Dad. "Cassandra honey! How are you?" He greeted me with a smile in his voice. He would always say that my calls makes his gloomy day bright every time. Hopefully, he would still feel the same. My dad is a man of few words and only shows his tough side to other people but when it comes to my mother and me, he's the softest person ever.