Chapter 23

It's been weeks since that confrontation with Alexander. I haven't heard anything from him. He wasn't even attending the family dinner anymore. I've been out with Lucas for a couple of times now. It's sad to say how incompatible we are. We don't have chemistry. I think he notices it too but he's trying to ignore it. I'm impressed with his consistency and patience though. I could see how he's trying to work things out between us.

With the wedding coming in three months, which happens to be after my charity gala, my days are quite busy. I've been occupied with finalizing the event and at the same time preparing for my wedding. I'm just thankful for it though because it keeps me out from thinking of Alexander.

I'm at my favorite boutique trying on different wedding dresses with my mom and Stella.

"Oh dear, you look so beautiful in that dress!" My mom exclaimed excitedly.

"Isn't this look too revealing? I can see half my boobs in this dress mom."

Stella came up to me looking up and down, inspecting the dress. "It is a little bit revealing but the mermaid cut looks great on you." She turns towards my mom. "I could still picture myself when I wore my wedding gown. It looks just like this but with lace sleeves." She said in a dreamy state, smiling while closing her eyes.

I shake my head. Weddings do make women lost in a fantasy realm. They are too happy, too excited, too romantic, and too lost in their crazy minds. Why couldn't I feel like them though? Why do I feel like I'm attending a funeral? Maybe I should choose a black wedding dress then since I feel like I'm in mourning. Mourning for my lost and broken heart.

"Darling? Are you listening?"

"Sorry." I smiled sheepishly. I guess I got lost in my own thoughts again.

"Are you okay Cassandra?" My mom asked looking concerned.

"Yes, sorry. I just have a lot of things running in my mind."

"Are you sure dear? You look pensive and distracted these past few days honey." My mom and Stella look at each other. They stared back at me concerned. "Don't push yourself too hard. Let someone handles the gala, besides it's already in the finalization stage."

"Mom, I can handle it. I better change this dress is suffocating me." I joked but they didn't even smile.

I left them and went to the dressing room. My back is turned away from the door so I didn't see the person coming in. "Please can you help me remove this dress? It's too tight!" I said to the assistant.

"I always like undressing you Cassy."

I jumped and turned around. My eyes bugged out seeing Alexander in front of me. He's smiling at me like nothing just happened in the past four weeks. "What are you doing here?" I hissed and went to the door to lock it, scared that someone might see us together.

"Aren't you happy to see me, love?" He just smiled cheekily.

"What? Are you on drugs or something?"

"I like your dress. You look so hot in it but I don't think the priest would appreciate your boobs coming out." He caresses my body with his lascivious eyes. "But I know someone who doesn't mind you wearing that."

"Hey! Stop looking at my breasts!" I crossed my arms trying to cover it.

"You don't need to hide it from me, love. I've already done a lot of things with those babies I couldn't even count anymore."

"Stop it, Alexander!" I said angrily. "What are you even doing here?"

"I'm here to rescue you of course." He simply shrug.