Chapter 4

(Brooke's outfit for the date above^)
----------------------------------------------
Brooke POV
I paced around my room until finally Bri showed up. I had a date tonight and I was freaking out! Ryan and I patched things up. Except I might have lied to him a little. Jake didn't say he wouldn't talk to Ryan anymore. He said something a little like if Ryan tells I'd understand. Oh well Ryan isn't telling and that's all that matters. Ok Bri I said still pacing. I have my first date ever tonight and you need to help me pick out an outfit. She laughed Brooke I know as much about dating as you do! Brianna isn't allowed to date either. Well we need to find something cute, but I can't be trying too hard. Why can't you just ask Zoey? I sighed Bri this is a secret date only Jake, Ryan, you and I know about it. Brianna smiled keeping secrets and lying about where you're going?! I'm rubbing off on you! Bri and I searched for an hour before deciding on an outfit. It was a long flower printed skirt, a white tank top, brown belt and leather jacket. We crept downstairs. If anyone becomes suspicious I'm dead. My dad and Zoey were in the kitchen, maybe we can sneak past them. (They're house is Riley's house in girl meets world). We got to the couch when Zoey turned around. Where are you guys going? We spun around and gave innocent smiles. Oh us? Were going to uh um. Bri cut in were going to the mall to get...stuff. My dad shrugged ok make sure to be back by 8:30. I rolled my eyes yeah ok. We ran out before anyone could ask anymore questions. We got to the movie theatre right on time and I saw Jake. Bri stopped me ok have fun and don't embarrass yourself. I nodded and took a deep breath, wish me luck! I walked over to him, hey Jake! Ready to go in? He looked up and smiled yeah, wow I can't believe Ryan was cool with you coming. I started to feel guilty about lying to Ryan. Oh um yeah h-he was totally cool and don't worry he won't tell. Cool Jake said grabbing my hand let's go. About halfway through the movie Jake put his arm around me and we cuddled for the rest of the movie. I guess we both fell asleep because we woke up in the middle of another movie. I shot up oh crap what time is it?! I checked my phone and it was 9:00. Ok I'm only a little late. I sent Jake a text to wake up to and ran home. I climbed up the fire escape and went in through the window. I threw on some pajamas and went to make an appearance. Ryan and Justin were watching a scary movie in the living room. I crept up behind them and jumped up BOO!! AHHHH!! I started cracking up. God Brooke don't scare us like that! Yelled Justin, but I could tell he wanted to laugh. Sorry guys, but I need to talk to Ryan like right now. I dragged him into my room and pushed him against the window. Did anyone notice I was late?! He rolled his eyes oh please Brooke mom and dad went out to dinner like an hour ago. You probably could've came home at 11:30 and no one would've cared. I breathed a sigh of relief, ok I'm safe. Ryan started rubbing the back of his neck, he always does that when he's nervous. So uh how was the uh the date? Ew gross Ryan I'm not talking to you about that! He rolled his eyes ok fine whatever.

Maya POV
Lucas and I went out to dinner since only Justin and Ryan were home. Make sure your sister is home on time I said to Justin. Lucas dragged me out the door to some fancy restaurant. Lucas tried talking, but I couldn't stop thinking about Brooke. She just went to the mall that's it. There's something she wasn't telling Lucas and I have a feeling her friends and Ryan know. Lucas are you sure Brooke didn't say anything else? He sighed Maya she's fine her and Brianna are just at the mall. I started playing with the napkin, yeah but they're are probably with other people right? He shrugged I don't know, but I trust her. I looked into his eyes Lucas she's just like me when I was younger. I lied to my parents all the time. Lucas's eyes widened maybe we should go home. We got up and raced home, but were stopped at the subway by a delayed train. Finally we arrived at 9:30. I burst through the door and no one was there. Brooke Riley Friar get down here right now! Maya calm down said Lucas putting his hands on my shoulders. She ran down the saris and stopped, what? I walked towards her where exactly did you go tonight? I could see panic in her eyes. I went to the mall with Bri and we got home at 8:30 just like dad asked. I stared at her and she stared back harder. Now why is it that I don't believe her? Ok I said I'll play your game and ask your brother. This time her eyes widened even bigger. Ryan can you come here?! He came down and saw Brooke staring at him, yep they were keeping a secret. Ryan I said walking towards him, where exactly was Brooke at tonight? Ryan froze ummm I think she went to the mall with Bri. Or was she somewhere else that you know? He opened his mouth to talk, but then quickly shut it. Ryan said Lucas if you know something tell us. Ryan looked down no I don't know anything else. Alright I guess you guys are telling the truth. They both looked relieved that I was done grilling them. Ok well go to bed or something. They both ran upstairs and I laid on the couch. Lucas came over and hugged, Lucas I said. Sometimes I swear we should've just bought some dogs. We kissed and fell asleep on the couch together.