Chapter 18

Brooke POV
She looked at me with tears in her eyes as the knife shook in her hand. BROOKE GET OUT OF HERE I DONT NEED THIS! She started to apply the knife to her skin and I grabbed her hand like she was a little kid. Brianna you're better than this! Harming yourself is never the answer! She sunk down to the wall and started bawling. I CANT DO THIS ANYMORE JUST LEAVE ME HERE TO DIE IM NOT WORTH IT!!!!! I sat down next to her and cupped her face in my hands. Brianna you are one of the best people I know. I never thought of you as anything less than perfect. We can get through this together. She started crying again, but I'm not perfect I'm nothing! When I have that knife in my hands I feel powerful. Like I can change myself to become better. She reached for it, but I pulled back. I'm not giving back the knife until you explain everything to me. She sighed and wiped her tears. When Ryan broke up with me I was devastated. He was my first love, but I was starting to get over it and then he started to date Missy. That killed me inside I felt lost like I had no purpose. I started to cut a couple weeks ago and it's helped remind me that I'm not pretty on the inside either. She broke down in tears again and I didn't know what to do. Bri no guy especially Ryan is worth doing that! She looked up at me really? I nodded yes instead of cutting talk to someone about it! Like me I can tell you all the horrible things about him that will make you hate him. She laughed okay I'll try I'm sorry you had to see me like that. I smiled it's okay I just miss the old Brianna. I stayed with her the rest of the night just to make sure she was okay.
*Day before spring formal*
Brooke POV
I skipped joyfully into school knowing today would be the day Jake asked me to spring formal. I went up to his locker and smiled hey Jake what's up? He looked at me and frowned Brooke what's that behind your ear? My cheeks turned bright red this is so embarrassing! He reached back and pulled out 2 tickets to spring formal. Jake smirked oh I guess it was just these tickets. I squealed yes yes I would love to go!! He kissed me good because I already bought the tickets. I saw Brianna walking in the hallway and I grabbed her. Hey Bri you're going to spring formal right? She gave a small smile sorry I don't think I wanna go. I pouted out my lip come on it'll be fun! She looked down I don't know.... I groaned Bri please you'll have fun trust me! She smiled okay I'll go it'll be good for me. My teen counselor said I need to go to more social events anyway. Brianna goes to a counselor every Sunday and Thursday now after a teacher found her cutting again in the bathroom. I feel like I'm losing control of her and I won't be able to stop it. We went through the rest of the day with ease and after school decided to go dress shopping. We arrived at the department store and saw none other than Missy with her friends. They were laughing and then noticed us. She gave a sickly smile oh hey guys you going to the dance? I nodded yeah we came to get dresses. She smiled yeah I came to find the perfect dress too. She held up a long green one what do you think Bri would Ryan like this? I could see tears filling her eyes uh um I can't do this. Brianna started to leave when I grabbed her arm Bri let's stay who cares about Missy. She sighed Brooke I don't want to do this. Let's just go to a different store. I groaned fine, but you owe me. We ended up finding some cute dresses anyway. (Pictured above).
*At dance*
Brianna POV
I was enjoying myself a little. It made me happy to see Brooke having such a good time with Jake. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Ryan. He smiled I have to admit you look great tonight. I smiled thanks, but Brooke picked out my dress. He shrugged yeah but your body is what makes the outfit work. I blushed yeah well you better go back to Missy. He rolled his eyes she's been suffocating me all night I'm good. We started to laugh and talk and I was having an amazing time. Ryan was in the middle of telling story when Missy came over. Hey baby wanna dance? Ryan smiled um in a minute I'm talking. She pouted come one Ryan please!! I couldn't take it anymore! Missy Ryan is not your personal monkey! He can do what he wants so just butt out of our conversation! She smirked listen grunge I don't need you to tell me how to date. She licked her lips in fact...Missy reached up and started having a full on make-out session with Ryan. I could feel my tears and tried to hold them back, but it wasn't working. I need go bye I mumbled as I ran out of the gym. I took off my heels and started to run home. It was raining, but I could care less. I wish the rain would just wash me away into a puddle of nothingness. I made my decision and headed home.
Brooke POV
The dance was ending and I couldn't find Brianna. I asked Ryan if he had seen her and he told me what Missy did. I started to get worried Brianna left and no one had seen her in hours. I checked my phone, but she hadn't texted me. I ran to her house I didn't even care that it was raining. I rushed in and started frantically yelling BRIANNA!!! There was no response I ran up to her room and burst into tears. I heard the door click and ran to see her dad. MR.MATTHEWS CALL 911 ITS BRIANNA!! I screamed so loud the entire building probably heard me. I rushed back to the room and sat there on the bed hyperventilating. I kept telling myself everything would be fine, but it wasn't working.