Chapter 19

Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out! I couldn't decide on an ending so I did this I hope you guys like it! We'll be seeing some old faces?!......
-------------------------------------------------
Brooke POV
I paced around the hospital room waiting for someone to come tell me Brianna is perfectly fine. I couldn't bring myself to think she was actually gone. I could never lose her she's my best friend. That's the first thing I thought about when I walked into her room. She was passed out on the floor and pills were spilled everywhere. An ambulance had came shortly after that. The only thing I could say was she'll be okay right? All the paramedics didn't know if she would be. I walked over to the secretary lady. Is there any update on Brianna Matthews? The secretary smiled honey I promise the minute I get information on her I will tell you. I nodded okay thank you. I started to pace again just wanting the comfort of Brianna. Whenever I was sad or angry she would be there for me. Like that one time in 8th grade when I was humiliated by Ciara. She ran after me and comforted me. I wanted to do the same for her, but I guess I couldn't. I heard the hospital doors open and my dad walked in. Daddy I yelled and ran over to hug him. I started crying and he hugged me harder. Come on Brooke sit down. We sat down on one of the waiting couches and I cried into his shoulder. I'm so sorry I couldn't stop her I cried. He hugged me Brooke this wasn't your fault. Brianna wasn't in a good place, but she wasn't getting the correct help either. She did this to herself you couldn't have stopped it. I cried harder yes I could've came sooner and caught her with the pills before she swallowed them. He kissed my forehead yes you could've, but she would've tried another time. When people are suicidal it's like they're in a dark damp hole. They don't think about anything, but dying and they don't think about what they have. I sniffled so why didn't Brianna tell someone about it? My dad shrugged well she might've not known who to come to. Or she was worried about how people would treat her. Maybe she didn't want help because all she could focus on was the dark part. I hope she's okay my dad nodded yes so do I. We laid like that till almost 3:00am. Finally a doctor came in with news on Brianna. He sighed well she's alive, but unconscious. I broke down in tears again so she's going to be okay? The doctor stopped well not exactly. The only thing keeping her alive is this oxygen pump that's in her. That pump can only go for so long. So if she is still unconscious in about a week well them you can start planning her funeral. I ran over to my dad and cried into his chest. Daddy I don't think I can let her go. He nodded I know can we go see her? The doctor nodded yes, but she can't talk back to you. I wiped my tears and my dad told me to go first. I tried to collect myself Bri would never want to see me like this. She always said if there's a million reasons to frown, but one reason to smile then smile. I started to smile because she was going to be okay.

~ I happened to write this on the anniversary of a fellow students death. I didn't personally know them, but I knew their sister. There was a presentation in class today about him and I almost cried. Every time the presenter talked they cried. If you are ever suicidal trust me it will get better. After seeing what happens when people leave us as a choice I realize that everyone has a glimmer of hope in their life. So next time you say something to someone think before you speak. No one should need or want to end their life like this. I hope you all learned something from this~