Chapter IV : The Bitter Truth

He was lead to one of the rooms. Of course it had a bedroom and sex toys opened up at the desk but if Seokjin tries something freaky then he'll punch his shit out.

"Now then." Seokjin releases all his tense and sat at the bed where he invited Taehyung to also sit "What if I told you that the omegas have already been found?"

"What?" That's the oddest statement he had ever heard "If they have already been found then no missing omega news would have been announced."

"But it isn't a missing omega news. It is in fact a kidnapping news."

"You're not making any sense to me." He's not the smartest in school but he can't be that dumb to not understand. "You're saying they have never went missing in the first place?"

"Second question. What if it's not that the government had not found the omegas?"

Taehyung rubs his temples with his fingers. He's still thinking by the stupid statement and just wish Seokjin would just say it already. "So you're implying that the government found them already?"

Seokjin shook his head horizontally "Not quite but you're getting there. If the government found them then they would have been back to their home right? Why haven't they?"

"Because they didn't go back home..?" Taehyung thinks again and then it hit him "Wait, are you saying that the omegas—" he swallows his saliva in hopes that he's wrong "— You're saying the omegas are sold to the government..?!"

Seokjin claps very proudly "Correct! But because it's illegal to do that especially to the government, they would have to mask every detail from their absent. And so they announced to be kidnapped."

To be sold to the government..? That seems very particularly odd. Why would the government even need omegas? Why would anyone even consider them in need?

Deep down he has that answer ready. It's because they're omegas. It's because nobody needs them, nobody would care if they disappeared. That's why it has to be the omegas.

"You're lying aren't you."

Seokjin hums with a smirk and shrugs "What you believe is none of my concern."

He has to be lying. To have the government to be involved is just crazy. Maybe he should leave, he doesn't want to have anything to do with this.

But then there's Jimin. It's always Jimin that made him stupid. Is he saying that Jimin's parents sold his precious brother away? Is there anything to gain from that?

"Then why am I here? Why are you telling me this? Is it because I'm an omega?? Just so you know I don't have assholes as my parents and they certainly won't sell me out so if you—"

"We know." SeokJin stops him. 'We' seemed to be a very strong word. It wasn't just a one man team.

"You're here for a reason. You're here because we want you to know about this. Because you're an omega but with the strength of an alpha."

They want him to know. They want him to know for what? Jimin is the only reason why he's here and if he can't help Jimin then there's no point of anything. He can't help it if it's their family problem in the matter, he doesn't have the right to interfere.

"What happens after they're kidnapped? Why does the government need Omegas..?" But his curiosity and naiveness continues to peak. Who's not to say he cares for his fellow omegas? They're his kind. He doesn't hate them, he genuinely cares for those of his rank and that's because Taehyung also knows a thing or two of an omega's pitiful life.

"I don't know." Jin bit his bottom lip. "But do you remember Mary? The dead omega after they have claimed to be kidnapped?"

Taehyung nods. Unconsciously his cold sweat starts dripping from his forehead. He had a somewhat bad feeling.