Chapter One- The world has gone crazy

Sophie laughed among her friends, who were sitting leisurely beside Everglen's large lake. The Neverseen had been surprisingly inactive, leaving her friends to enjoy their lives like normal elves. Suddenly, two elves popped out of nowhere with a resounding crack. They were bickering over something, and did not seem to realize they were violating someone's peace and quiet. 

She let out a gasp. The two turned. She noticed that one was a girl, and the other was a boy. The girl had rather bushy brown hair, and bright blue eyes. No surprise there. The other had really untidy black hair- Keefe would have been proud. but it was his eyes that stumped her. "Your eyes are green!" she said. "Yeah, they are. Why?" The girl rolled her eyes. "Who are you? You're not muggles aren't you?" She had a rather bossy voice, unlike the boy, who seemed rather laidback, but wary. 

"What?" Keefe asked intelligently. She turned to him and raised her eyebrows. "Muggles. Non- magical folk. We're wizards. Well, he is. I'm a witch. Though I'm much more talented. And no, he is not my brother, he's my cousin. You might know his father though, Harry Potter? Know him at all? Oh yes, and you, with the blond hair, you look like you just rolled out of bed- you might want to brush your hair so you don't go around looking like a fool," she finished sweetly. Keefe looked, for the first time in his life, stumped.

"Actually, we're elves." Fitz said." Also, can you please stop insulting my best friend?" "Yeah, we're all friends here," Linh added in her sweet voice. "Aren't we?" She nudged Tam with her elbow. He mumbled something inaudible.

The girl rolled her eyes. "My name is Rose Granger Weasley. Pleasure . This is Albus. And you can come out now, I can see you." She called. Sandor walked out of the shadows. "How did you notice?" She just laughed. "Who are you?" Sophie answered for him. She did not like the girl's tone. "He's Sandor. My goblin bodyguard." The girl's eyebrows shot up. "Are you really? Goblins in our world are bankers and are one foot tall."

At that, the whole group burst into laughter. When they quieted, the girl spoke again. "Well, it's good thing I'm 17, or the Ministry will have my wand. But of course, my mom's ministress, so it's highly unlikely." "The ministry? Is that like the council?" Curiosity rose from within her. She was learning things everyday- but she could tell this was much more profound. But before Rose could answer, she found herself trapped in a force field. Panic flared, and she slowly inched her hand towards her throwing stars. The neverseen had found them.

"Why, how pleasant. The moonlark, along with the rest of her friends- and who are these two?" Gethen. The echos in her head throbbed just staring into his eyes. So she averted her eyes and took a look at the other two figures beside him. Alvar. Gisela. All staring back at them with the same triumphant look. She noticed that Albus had disappeared, but Rose had remained standing, her posture confident and determined.

"I think you'll come with us," Gethen sneered. "If you value your friends at all," he added. Her thoughts raced. She could force through the shield, she would shatter her concentration. Her inflicting was out as well, but- "No way." Surprisingly, Rose had spoken. Slowly, she drew her hand into her robes and pulled out... a stick. Great. Disappointment flared through her.

Alvar laughed. "What are you going to do with that?" He leered. "Poke us?" Oblivious to his insult, she cocked her head. "Would you like to find out?" Before they could react, she shouted, "Stupefy! Immobulus! Incarcerous!" Shocked, Sophie found herself staring at the defeated trio. She spells had gone right through the shield, slicing right through it like butter. Gisela was knocked unconscious, having been thrown back full force into a pure. Gethen was bound, head to toe, in rope that had appeared out of nowhere. As for Alvar? He was frozen mid laugh, his eyes holding pure terror. "That was quick," Keefe noted.

Rose smiled, and pocketed her wand. "Better call that council of yours."