Chapter Seventeen- We have a death wish- so we summon a monster!

"Well, what do we do?" Everyone turned to Sophie. "To be honest? I don't know," Sophie said. "But this is it! This is what the Neverseen wants! This is- Oh." Her sudden change of tone made everyone look at her again. "They want a beast." She whispered. "Imagine what they can do if they have this on their side!" "But there's nothing we can do about it," Tam said. "yeah," Scorpio agreed. "I mean, we know what it is, and that there's a summoning ritual- but we're just students- what could we possibly do?"

"I know what we can do," Rose said. "We're students, that's true. But like your father once said, Albus, every famous wizard or witch once started out just like us. Who knew they would do such great things?" "I agree," Linh said. Everyone turned. "This is our a monster we're talking about. We're lucky enough to have a home. If the neverseen get this on their side, we won't have one. I say we fight."

Albus snorted. "Yeah, but I'm sorry to break it to you, but this is a giant, flying dragon who can't be killed by any weapon- so how are we supposed to fight it?" "Magic." Sophie was surprised to hear the words come from her mouth. "Magic. And our abilities. Creature from another world-that's us, elves, I know it is! Wizards and elves must have met before!" Rose smiled and nodded. "Yes- and this beast is going to have to pick sides. We have to act straight away. So I say we summon the monster." The room erupted with "Are you mad?" and "What are you talking about," and from Keefe, "I'm hungry."

"If we get to the monster before the neverseen, we have a chance of getting it on our side before it does any damage. Remember, Fintan is on the loose- and that's not good either. Chances are he's already back to the neverseen, plotting revenge. It's the only plan we've got, and we already have one of the ingredients." Sophie hated her logic. "But even if we decided to," Dex said slowly. "How are we to figure out the ritual?" He said, tapping the article with a wrench."It's covered up." "I thought about it last night," Rose said. "There's a good chance it's at Hogwarts, but it might be in the lost cities. I say we look around."

"So do I." Sophie snapped her head to the door, where Harry stood, leaning against the door frame. "It's funny- you sound just like Hermione, Rose- I wouldn't have defeated Voldemort without her doing most of the work." Rose beamed. "Before you say anything, I agree with you- I'll even help you get to where you need! But promise me one thing." "What?" "That you don't make reckless choices. "

"You have my word," Sophie said, glancing at her friends. They nodded, Scorpio throwing in a small, "Okay." Harry smiled, looking at them in approval. "So young," He said. "To be fighting so many. For now, be normal teenagers. It's Christmas! Not to mention the amount of homework you've got on your hands." He added the last part jokingly. Ugh. No need to remind me, Sophie thought.