Chapter Three- Stina meets her match

School. The horrors. Which of course, came with Stina. Who's locker just happened to be right beside hers. Kill me now, she thought, as she headed off for lunch. Linguistics were as stressful as ever. Lady Cadence still thought her mimicking was terrible, though it was better then her first ever session.

"Sophie!" She turned to see Biana running up to her. "How was Universe?" "Same as usual." With that, they set off for the crowded cafeteria. They went to their usual spot, a table smack dab in the middle of the room. Dex had soot on his face, due to a heated session of alchemy, and Keefe and Fitz were arguing over the last Ripplepuff. Same old, same old.

She sat down and chewed on her umber leaves, while looking around for Rose and Albus. But instead, she found herself staring at Stina, along with her two lanky cronies. "Well, look here! It's the brown eyed freak!" She mentally sighed. Even being on Team Valiant didn't make Stina any nicer. She looked away to resume her search for a certain robed, bushy haired girl. And found her, glaring behind Stina, along with Albus, who gave Sophie a small wave.

"Hello," Rose said. Stina whipped around. "Might I ask what you're doing here?" Stina blanked, and instead of answering her question, asked, in her normally obnoxious voice, "Why is your brother's eyes green?" She asked instead. "Cousin," Rose said, rolling her eyes. "And his eyes are green because he was born that way, thank you." Rose jerked her head in indignation, clearly thinking, obviously, you daft dimbo. The two girls glared at each other. The whole cafeteria seemed to be listening in on their conversation. Dex and Keefe were sniggering behind their hands, and Fitz was watching rather amusingly. Though Fitz went about his way treating everyone politely, he seemed to like the idea of Stina being forced down to her level. Sophie didn't mind the idea either.

To make matters worse, Rose had taken out her wandRose was twirling her wand through her fingers, her eyes never leaving Stina's. The girl's eyes strayed to what seemed like an innocent stick in Rose's hand. And snorted. Rose  gave an airy sigh, tossing her head back and said, "Must I explain everything? This stick,"  she said with an air of superiority. "Landed three members of your enemy group in prison. Now, please, shove off." With newfound respect, Stina hurried off to her table, her cronies following behind her, looking quite crest fallen.

Albus sat down beside her, casually slinging an arm around his cousin's shoulders. "Would you like a frog?" Sophie stared at him. "A frog?" Wondering if he'd gone mental.  "Yes," Albus said patiently. "A frog. A chocolate frog." He pulled out a box and opened it up. Rose reached inside and pulled out a chocolate shaped amphibian. Sophie squealed when it wiggled, trying to squirm out of her grasp. "It's not real, it's just an enchantment," Rose explained, biting off it's head. "And each box comes with a card of a famous wizard or witch," Albus added. "Ah, I've got Dumbledore again and I've got 15 of him. I know I'm named after him, but still. Do you want it? You can start collecting." 

Sophie took the card. Inside a bordered, gold box sat an old man with a long white beard and half moon spectacles. He wore plum coloured robes, and- Sophie gasped. "He's moving!"  Sophie watched as Dumbledore looked up, smiled, and said, "Good day to you!" Without further ado, he walked out of the card. Albus snorted at her priceless expression. "Well, you can't expect him to stay all day." Rose laughed. "Our photos move- don't yours?" Fitz shook his head in astonishment, having watched from over her shoulder. 

The bell rang to signal the start of class. One by one her friends filtered out of the room. "Thanks again for getting rid of Stina," She said. "Your welcome," The other replied.  Together they walked off to Elementalism- with one more thing than when they first walked into the room. Friendship.