Chapter Nineteen- My hair is a rainbow! How great.

Christmas break flew by, and after a short visit to Grady and Edaline, she found herself sitting back at Hogwarts, asked to read the chapter on human transfiguration. Rose leaned over. "It's just like polyjuice potion, it's true, but it's much less painful. Just ask my dad!" Professor Mcgonagall strode over to her. "Alright Mrs. Foster. Let's see what you can do- Crinus Muto!" She propped the mirror up in front of her. Sophie pointed her wand to her hair and said, "Crinus Muto." She watched as streaks of purple raced through her hair, and making it straighten out of its waves.

"Well done, Mrs. Foster! 5 points for Gryffindor! Now, let's see you do it, Mr. Vacker." Rose smiled at her. "You should keep it that way, it looks nice on you." Sophie beamed. "Really?" "Yep." Rose's own hair was swirled into a high ponytail, her usually bushy hair sleek and shiny. When she tossed her head, it gleamed different colours of the rainbow- like it was the iridescent wings of a butterfly.

"Transfiguration?" Lily asked as she joined them in the hall. She nodded. "That explains the hair. I just had charms- Flitwick's got us to do Summoning charms- managed to do it- but the dictionary decided to change course halfway through- I think he'll be alright." They laughed. "What do we have next?" Sophie asked. "Herbology," Rose responded, who knew the schedule by heart. Together they set off for the green houses, where sessions where usually held.

"Alright, you lot. Grab a pot of Bouncing Bulbs- I want a fully labelled diagram by the end of class." Professor Longbottom said. So Sophie went off to get one of the flowers, which was smaller in size, but more energetic- it hit her hard in the face when it began to bounce around. "Oh, stop it, you," She muttered, grasping it and using her photographic memory help her to draw the plant. By the end of class she had a diagram just like professor Longbottom had asked for- but it wasn't nearly as nice as Rose's.

"Could someone tell me the properties of this plant?" Sophie raised her hand, Rose nodding encouragingly beside her. Her mind flashed to the page in her textbook. "The bouncing bulb is a plant that bounces when not restrained," She said, noticing Rose mouth the answer to herself beside her. "It is an essential ingredient in the pompion potion, which incases one's head into a pumpkin." "Well done," Professor Longbottom exclaimed, oblivious to Fitz snorting with laughter beside her. "Take 10 well earned points for Gryffindor," he said.

Back in the dormitory, Sophie fingered the vial of Stellarlune. Rose noticed her and said, "You know, I've been thinking about that as well." Sophie turned her head slowly to her. "You have?" Rose nodded. "I don't think we'll find anything in the main section of the library." Sophie's heart sank. She had been well aware this might happen. "You think we need to get into the restricted section," She whispered. For that, they needed James' invisibility cloak. And he was not known for backing down.