Chapter Eighteen- Christmas with the Potters

Christmas. She woke with a smile on her face. She remembered when she lived with her human family- how Amy would jump and race down stairs to shake the presents up and down, trying to figure out what they were- and today, for the first time in years, she would be celebrating it again.

As she walked down the stairs, the smell of pancakes, and cake, and hot chocolate wafted up her nose. "This smells great Mrs. Weasley," She said as she sat down. "Oh , thank you. Your plate's right right there." She took it and spooned syrup on her pancakes. Keefe was sitting at the table drinking hot chocolate, staring thoughtfully at the christmas tree. " Merry Christmas, Sophie!"

Linh ran into her arms. She laughed. "Good morning, Linh." Linh was wearing a red santa hat, and had made one for her mouse. Curio sat happily on her shoulder, a red hat sitting crooked on its head. Biana walked down the stairs, her makeup fully down. "Hi Sophie," She said. Fitz stumbled down after her, having a very bad case of bed hair. Biana threw a comb at him, which he threw back using telekinesis. She grabbed it and threw it back with equal grace. It hit him on the back of the head, causing him to rear back and slam into the wall. Keefe choked on his drink.

"Let's open presents!" "Lily, wait for the others." "But they're already done! Albus is just eating so slow!" "Thanks, Lily. "I mean it!" Sophie laughed at their good natured bickering, feeling a pang in her chest as she remembered how she and Amy used to argue all the time. "It's fine Mrs. Weasley," She said. "Albus, you don't mind, do you?" She asked, pointing to the very impatient Lily. He shook his head, and Lily pounced on a purple present, shaking it up and down before ripping off the paper. Sophie stuffed her toast into her mouth and joined in on the festivities.

"Thanks Linh!" "It's nothing, really." "Keefe, why did you give me a portrait of you?" "Because I'm the best, obviously!" "SCORPIO! Your niffler is chewing on my fairy wings!" "Sorry Lily." Sophie's ears rang with the excited laughs of the people around her. Keefe looked like a little kid again, though to be fair, he never really matured since he was twelve. Biana and Linh were trying to get Scorpio's niffler, named Blink, to wear a christmas sweater. All around her was chaos- but she felt like she was home.