| 6 |

Camila

It turns out I never went shopping and Leo then promised me I would tomorrow, his pretty ass better keep that promise, I was growing tired of this place.
.
.
I stared intensely at Leo's bedroom wall. Creating any question I could about them. Can walls feel? Do they hurt? Do they judge? Well they see everything, so I wouldn't blame them for laughing at people's stupidity and knowing—

What happens in the bedroom.

Artemis cut me off. Now that she said it, she had a point. Boy, would I not like to be a wall. What has my life come to? One minute I was out hunting a deer and now I'm laying upside down on the end of our bed questioning my life existence.

After that ordeal, I sat up in the middle of the bed. My fingers were massaging my temples, trying to find some entertainment in the boredom I was feeling right now. In the end, I just thought about unnecessary things.

My ancestors got laid.

What if ghosts say "boo" because they only haunt people they don't like and all they do is "boo" them from the afterlife. So it's not to scare you, it's to show you they think you suck.

How are unicorns fake but giraffes are real, like what's more believable? A horse with a horn or a leopard-moose-camel with a 40 foot neck.

Running out of things to think about, I decided to roam around his room, maybe find some dirt on him.

Oh the things I could do with such information.

After the incident in the hallway during the tour, Leo said he and the rest had some business to tend to. You would think he would leave Dana or Lynn but no, I was left all alone. What could they possibly be doing that it takes all 5 of them to do it, as a group? I chose to not discuss with myself of the situations that could arise and instead looked around more intently at some of the items in his room.

I opened his bedside cabinet to see a picture with a piece of paper attached to it with a paper clip. Picking it up, I squinted my eyes to try and decipher who they were. The picture had a man, a woman and 2 little boys. One boy had to be in his teens and the other just a little boy, most likely around the age of 10.

The more I stared at the picture, the more it seemed as though they weren't happy, except for the woman of course, she held a perfect, white smile on her face. The man beside her looked bored, as though he didn't want to be there, and the boys just looked like robots; forced smiles covering their mouth. The man and woman stood behind the children, towering over their small figures. It looked like this was a family photo.

I took off the clip and read the words that were written on the paper.

"Happy. Thinking that we were, only brought us more misery. Broken, torn apart, that was what we were. Unfit to be royals, unfit to be a family. Reading those fairy tales, they were just toying with us. No one could achieve happiness, not even the richest of the rich."

-L

Then it clicked. This was Leo, his family, his words. He had a rough childhood? He has a brother? You wouldn't think so behind that smile, but I couldn't say anything because I had forgotten the time when I had actually smiled and meant it.

Inside his cabinet lay more letters. They all looked old and scrappy [A/N: if that isn't a word, it is now... poof.] I skimmed through them all to see one named 'What is Love?'

Love is just infatuation,
Humans hardwired to desire,
To lust.
Love is like a switch,
On when they want something from them,
Off when they're done and decided to rid themselves of them.
Dad taught me that through mother,
Love is just an empty promise, one that no one could fulfil,
And it would stay like that no matter how I longed for it to change.