| 22 |

I made you wait, I had it down for a couple days but wanted to publish it on my birthday (26 Nov), sorry guys, I'm a sadist 😉🤫

Camila

"And he had the fucking nerve to question my disrespect."

"Luca, calm down baby, I'll get you some water." I could hear him huff as she closed the door.

"I still can't believe he did that to her, we brought her into our world knowing full well of the possible consequences and now she has to deal with a horny, stubborn-fucked childman." I opened each eye slowly, curious as to what they were talking about. Trying to sit up, I suddenly began coughing.

All their heads snapped to me and they dashed to my side. Taking off the oxygen mask that wrapped around my mouth, they helped me sit up. I started blinking intermittently, trying to adjust to the lighting and focusing on who was around me; Luca, Lynn, Dana and Alex.

Such a white, sterile room was nothing of a breath of fresh air. It didn't reduce the sedulous hankering that felt like hot iron poking at all parts of my body.

Leisurely, what happened prior befell my conscious; blood... cuts... pain, all while I didn't know what initiated the callousness I experienced.

The sum of pain that came crashing onto me when I woke up, condensed to just rheumatic pain, which wasn't much of a benefit either way.

"I'll go and get Dr. Manick." The rest nodded as she sprinted out of the door and then concentrated on getting my breathing regular and myself upright.

"Can you hear me, Camila?" I heard Lynn say gently. I nodded, careful not to intensify the contemporary uneasiness I felt in my body. I heard the door click in the background faintly, another two figures entering my vision; one in a lab coat and the other, Dana.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Manick and I'm the one taking care of you." He gave me a tender smile. "Can you take a couple deep breaths with me, is that okay?" This time I nodded carelessly, resulting in a wince.

Inhale.

Exhale.

Inhale.

Exhale.

It was almost difficult to do that. But I still had questions.

"What happened to me? W-where's Leo?" I croaked out. After noticing my voice was hoarse, Alex gave me a cup of water.

I gulped it down, "Easy there; take sips," I did as he asked with the remaining water in the glass.

"Feeling better?" I completely disregarded his questions and bombarded them with mine.

"Why did this happen to me? Where's Leo? Why is he not here? Is he ok?" My lips quivered, I pulled them in and popped them back out.

I didn't miss the scoff from Luca, "Is he ok?" He repeated my words in disbelief. "He's the reason you're here, why you're fucking bedbound, bandages wrapped all over."

"What?" I couldn't comprehend what he said until moments later. It took so long to process the staggering words that came out of his mouth. He did this to me? "What?" I repeated, my voice breaking. "I don't understand. How could he have done this to me?"

"I am so sorry, baby." Dana started crying, her hand enfolded around my own as she took the seat on my right. Dana always held this nurturing glow wherever she went, whether it was because of the baby she carried or it just came natural to her, it didn't matter. I somehow managed to feel at ease just being near her but her sobs deterred any compassionate feeling I felt at this moment in time.

I scanned around in confusion to see the commiserative looks upon their faces, "Can someone please just explain to me, what is going on?"

Silence drooped the air, "Genovese wasn't a faithful mate to you, Camila. He went behind your back."

What I felt was worse than any throbbing pain I felt in my body. If I were to depict it, it was like a train coming straight for you however to be so powerless against its entirety... to be incapable of moving whilst it came at you head-first...

You just let it hit you.

I felt so crushed and kaput, the only person who I had committed to was him, and I ended up being the one heartbroken.

"It was an accident, right?" Denial wasn't an option when I had to accept the answer that came from Lynn's mouth next.

"It was six times." Another inescapable anvil falling onto my heart.

He wasn't loyal? I know, I said I would be mature but the sentiment alone of having your significant other, chosen by the moon, to just give up on you, was something I couldn't let go so effortlessly.

I was excited for this. Excited for love.

"Was I waiting for something that wasn't going to happen?" I said more so to myself than anyone else in the room.

'Caught between a strong mind, and a fragile heart.'

A quote that seemed to wrap me up completely. I was so head-strong that I forgot I could allow myself to be vulnerable unconsciously; ultimately it be my demise.

Give him a chance.

Get over him.

Give him a chance.

Get over him.

What do I choose? He's my mate but he also was disloyal. Am I that willing to give him the further leverage that could sooner or later break my heart all over again?

...

Fuck's sake. Worrying won't change the outcome, I fucking will.

And as swift as that, I was back to my stubborn, unyielding self.

I needed answers, for closure, maybe? Just because I wanted to know, sure? But that pig was going to tell me why he would fucking lie to me even after leading me on by kissing me, sharing the same bed, and not to mention those cheeky grins he only bared to me.

I was no longer sad, but irritated and distressed.

Deep breaths.

Inhale.

Exhale.

"Where is he?"

______

[edited]

awkwxrddnobody + potatopiell + orangevxnilla for no reason but ily :)

-Love, Ashley x