| 9 |

Camila 

"How long is she going to be asleep for?" A voice sounding like Luca asked.

"She needs to wake up. Genovese has isolated himself from all of us." That was Alex. Anyone could tell from his deep voice.

"We should wait it out."

"You said that an hour ago."

"Whatev-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I finally burst out, annoyed with the chatter hindering my chance to continue sleeping.

"Looks like we didn't need wake her up after all." I glared at Alex.

"I adore my sleep, much more than you think, and I would appreciate it if you'd leave. The door is right there." I pointed at the wooden door behind them.

"As much as we'd like to stay, Genovese is being a grumpy ass and has chosen to lock himself in his study." My mouth formed an o.

"And you woke me up to tell me that?" I stared at them. "I'll be going back to sleep now." I slipped under the covers aggressively.

"Wait. Wait. We tried to get him out and nothing has worked so your our last resort." Luca stopped me.

"How nice of you to think of me like that." I peeped my head out.

"Don't think your so important." Alex butted in.

"Nobody's talking to you." Me and Luca said at the same time. He rolled his eyes and left the room.

"So.. will you try?"

"Just because your my favourite Goldilocks."

"It's Goldilocks now?" He sighed. It was better than Noodles at least.

"Occasionally. Now leave."

What's with your obsession with nicknames? Their parents named them for a reason.

Where's the fun in that?

I laid back on my pillow looking up. I knew I was over-excited about the concept of a mate but I'm not sure anymore. The words that were said to me by my old pack made me doubt that this would end peacefully.

I guess when you start hear something so much, you begin to believe it.

Getting up, I nearly tripped on the rug beneath me.

Hazardous things.

Treading carefully, I rubbed my eyes whilst walking to the closet. Not exactly looking, I picked out anything and it resulted in a white crop tee and camo print joggers. I combed my hair with my fingers as it wasn't that knotty and went downstairs.

"What are you doing here?" Luca asked when I joined them.

"What am I doing again, I forgot."

"When did you find the time to forget, the conversation was like 5 minutes ago." Alex said. This guy always has a negative opinion to add in.

"You get in, you get out. Unless you want to stay in with him." Luca winked. Doesn't that defeat the whole objective then?

"We need him to get out. He hasn't updated us on the pack since he took all the work for himself."

"He works too much."

"That's every Alpha."

"Leo is a royal though." At this point I didn't even know what they were talking about but I nodded along as though I did. A few seconds passed.

"So I'm just getting him out of his office study?"

"Yep." Luca exclaimed popping the 'p'. "He won't budge."