5 ; Dance Battles

One of the things Junkook loves is dance battles, but not when he is hurt, so right now he was contemplating whether he should join or not. Doing so means practice everyday, but not doing so means unsatisfied Kook. He stared at the board with papers covering the whole surface. He was staring at the one announcing the battle, he Couldn't help but sigh. He could not believe he did all these to impress a girl and didn't work out, since she doesn't seem to remember he exists.

Just then, Jimin spotted Jungkook staring at the board so he walked up to him, looking at him curiously.

"What's up Jungkook-ah?" he questioned softly, seeing the younger's distressed expression.

"Ah hyung" he cooed sadly and looked down at his feet before looking at Jimin with a fake smile on "Nothing much, what about you? Hoseok hyung?" he asked, tapping his feet nervously as Jimin examined what he was looking at before.

He tapped the shorter guy's shoulder, earning him a glare.

"I don't appreciate lies Jungkook-ah," Jimin scolded, placing his hand on his hips, still glaring at the younger boy.

"I also don't appreciate people not responding," he retorted, Only to have Jimin hit back on his head.

"Nothing as well, I don't know where he is and I am mad because you are lying" the oldee male explained and cleared his throat in annoyance. Jungkook smiled at that and he didn't even know why, because getting scolded is not something to smile about. His hyung noticed, making his heart flutter in excitement, he never knew he'd come to love that smile from the first moment he saw it.

"Anyway, what's up with you? Hoseok's been telling me that you are off" he added and looked away, with a smile on his face.

"Ah, my back just hurts and I am devastated that I Won't be taking part in dance battles " he replied, deciding to be honest with him this time. He didn't feel like lying to him anyways, but he was not the type to share what's on his mind, unless he is arguing because Jungkook simply can't lose. The older man nodded his head understanding, but also frowned when he has been there, done that. He knew it was the worst feeling in the world.

"I will take part for you!" Jimin cheered him out of the blue, earning a confused look from Jungkook. He tilted his head to side cutely, earning a shy giggle from Jimin.

"If you can't take part, I will and it will be for you," he cooed and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"You are new. Aren't you afraid to do something like that?" Jungkook asked concerned, biting his bottom lip in doubt.

"Jungkook-ah, I love dance, nothing can stop me," he reassured the younger and they both smiled. Jungkook nodded his head and wrote Jimin's name on the list, as said the boy stared at him in awe. He was so beautiful and captivating. His heart was skipping several beats at once, as well as his cheeks warmed up.

He knew this feeling and it meant he was developing a crush on Jungkook.

He was developing crush on a guy he just met, on a guy he met yesterday.

Little did he know this whole situation was not one sided, even though Jungkook was trying to deny the truth. He has a long way to come until he realizes, or will he ever realize?

A/N: What hurts the most? One sided love or rejection? ✨