12 ; Better

It was the time, everyone was gathering, talking and whispering to one another. They were all serving the looks to the people that were about to perform as if they were not all friends this morning. Jungkook and Jimin were sitting at the very back since they were one of the last ones to perform, but that didn't stop the rest of the students staring. It was nerve racking, it made Jimin more anxious. Jungkook didn't really know what to do or say to help him, but he knew he had to do something about the girls eyeing him.

"Jungkook-ah, I am afraid, this is going to go too wrong" Jimin said and looked at the younger boy. "No no it won't. Stop worrying" the boy replied and smiled, patting his hyung on the back "Why are you so afraid?" he asked and Jimin sighed, having the need to curl in a ball and never see the sun again.

"Everyone is staring at me" he explained and looked at the said people. They were still staring, denying to let their eyes withness something else."Because you are too handsome" Jungkook complimented, and let out an evil giggle,"and not theirs" he added and blushed softly, making the older boy next to him blush immensely.

"Whose am I then?" he asked, his voice laced with hope, as he looked at Jungkook. What was he hoping to hear? He must be out of his mind, yet again, he couldn't stop stop his heart from pounding.

"You are mine, you are my partner" Jungkook replied, feeling slightly panicked on the inside. This could have been more off a situation, but he tried to save himself the last minute, he had something completely different to reply the older boy, but he couldn't just say it, he didn't even know why he wanted to say it.

"Oh, I see" Jimin mumbled and put on a fake smile, giggling softly afterwards.

A let down, this was definitely a let down.

Sooner or later, they were performing next. Hoseok was at the very front sitting next to Yerin, clapping for the boy performing before Jimin and Jungkook. Once he was finished he bowed and smiled widely before walking backstage, letting out a relieved sigh. Jimin and Jungkook looked at one another tied their hands together, as someone informed they were coming on stage.

"Do we got this?" Jungkook asked anxiously and Jimin nodded eagerly, ruffling the younger boy's hair "Yeah, yeah we do....I mean.. We'll try" he replied and they went on stage. The lights were on, everyone was cheering and gasping from their surprise. Once the song started, the fangirls went off, screaming in the crowd.

The duo started dancing, both tried to pay attention to one another rather than in the crowd.

It was intense for both, especially for Jungkook as he is not quite used doing these things with the same gender. Yet again, everything he did, felt natural around Jimin, just staring at him could make Jungkook feel at home.

The song though, was not helping, not to mention the lyrics.

Jimin took the advantage of the fact that he could see Jungkook feeling unable and went on teasing mode, singing to Jungkook whenever they were close the Korean lyrics and touching him more than he should.

It's not like the younger one didn't enjoy, but he'd never admit it out loud.

They dropped what was tying them together, both of them felt weird about it, but they had to go along with the choreography. They kneeled and grabbed it again, smiling widely to one another, panting "Feeling connected is better than separated " Jungkook thought to himself and stood up, shaking his head Softly, trying to push away the thought.

Everything was good, more like: perfect. Boys and girls congratulated them and cheered for them backstage as well as the crowd did the same. Jungkook looked at Jimin and grinned, admiring his features as the older was lost in his own world. Then he looked at their hands, which was still holding the ribbon."Yeah, it feels way better" he thought once again and blushed.