[17] BED

#12 WISH: jungkook, the floor is wet, can i..

To reach the Jung Palace by feet, it would take them at least one whole day.

They noticed that the day was getting dark and the two of them agreed to stay at an inn for the night.

"Hello young master, room for one?" The middle-aged lady who seemed to be the inn owner greeted Jungkook with a wide smile. Flakes of white powder fell from her face as she smiled and Jungkook thought that she looked rather unsightly.

How handsome. She thought. Upon gazing at the good looking young master, she felt like there were finally flowers blooming in her dull life.

"No, two-"

Jungkook stopped and he thought for a while. If he were to book another room for Taehyung, then Taehyung would get the luxury of sleeping on a bed.

Jungkook could not be too nice towards Taehyung. He did not want to play the nice character.

"Sorry. Room for one."

"Alright, here's your key!" The lady handed Jungkook the key and subtly touched his palm. Feeling shy by the contact, she squirmed and covered her scarlet cheeks with a handkerchief.

Jungkook: "......"

Taehyung watched and tried to hold in his laughter. Jungkook looked like he was just forced to swallow dog shitㅡ he looked pretty funny.

The two of them then made their way to the room. Taehyung was confused as to why Jungkook would only book one room but he did not question him. It was not weird since they had been staying in the same room anyways...

No, it was weird. They stayed together because Jungkook had no other room in the palace but now that they were outside, Jungkook stillㅡ

Taehyung couldn't help but blush.

Right after they entered the room, Jungkook went to take a bath. There was a wooden bathtub and Jungkook decided to use some time to relax.

While he was relaxing his mind underwater, fragments of Taehyung's lips and the kiss from earlier suddenly appeared. It was so soft, so sweet, so...

"..?!" Jungkook finally realized what he was doing and he choked on bath water. He felt irritated and immediately got up from the bathtub.

After he was done drying himself, he got out and noticed that Taehyung had already fallen asleep on the floor.

That lanky figure curled up into a ball and was hugging his own legs. He looked rather uncomfortable.

Jungkook wanted to reach out to him but in the end, he did not. Jungkook snorted, "Heh. At least you know your place."

Jungkook blew off the candle and rested on his bed. I can't be too nice to Taehyung. I can't.

As Jungkook was in a deep slumber, someone had poked his shoulders multiple times and he woke up in annoyance.

He turned around and saw that it was Taehyung. He got more annoyed.

"What is it?"

Taehyung's expression looked like he was guilty for waking Jungkook up.

"I.. Jungkook, did you close the faucet after you were done bathing?"

Jungkook frowned. "Did you wake me up to ask me that?"

"No, it's just.. you did not close the faucet and now the floor is wet. I.."

Taehyung bit his lower lips.

"..I can't sleep on the wet floor.."

Jungkook got up and looked around with his squinted eyes. It was true that the wooden floor was now soaked with water and Taehyung had nowhere to sleep.

"You're a ghost, you get wet?"

Taehyung nodded and lifted up his sleeves. Huge wet spots could clearly be seen.

"..." Jungkook remained silent. "So what do you want me to do?"

Taehyung seemed to be more nervous now and he fidgeted with his fingers.

"That..I..Jungkook, I.."

"You, you, you what?" Jungkook was impatient.

"....Can I sleep on the bed with you tonight?"