[28] RETURN - END

Winter.

Jungkook was strolling down the street. The street was lively and busier than ever. Everyone was busy trying to make a living and children were running around, chasing each other.

Jungkook stopped when he saw a small stall. Candied fruits stall.

He thought about that time when Taehyung begged him for a stick of sugar coated strawberry, how hard he tried to bite the strawberry, how he had to tiptoe to reach Jungkook, how they fell and how they had their first kiss..

Jungkook's heart tightened as he smiled to himself. everywhere i look, i am reminded of your love.

After thinking for a while, he walked towards the stall.

"Uncle, can I get a-"

"Old man I want that one!"

Jungkook turned to his side and saw a little kid pointing towards the strawberry candy stick. There was only one left.

"Ahaha you brat, this young master came first so you should let him have it." The man behind the stall laughed as he took the last stick of strawberry candy, wrapped it and handed it to Jungkook.

"What?! No!! I was the one who came first you old fart! I want it!!" The kid's huge round eyes became wet with tears and he sat down, bawling his heart out. "I want it! I want it! I want it!"

Jungkook chuckled at the short tempered young boy. The kid cried and rolled on the ground so much that his cloak had fallen off.

Jungkook's eyes widened. He froze and his hands started to tremble.

That little kid..

That little kid was wearing a blue robe with pink linings. His robe was messy and his upper chest was revealed a little. There was a scar. On his chest, there was a scar.

"Young master, young master?" The old man stared at Jungkook in confusion.

"Tae....hyung?" Jungkook blurted out as he reached out to hold that little kid.

That little kid yanked his hand away and sticked his tongue out. "You evil! You stole my strawberry candy! Evil evil evil!!"

Jungkook did not say anything. He stood there in a daze for a long while. His eyes were red and a layer of mist could be seen.

"Uwwaaaa!! Uwaaa...!!"

Jungkook snapped out of his thoughts. He took the strawberry candy and handed it to the little kid. "You can have it."

That brat immediately stopped crying and a vibrant smile was plastered across his face. "You're so nice! Thank you!" That kid tiptoed, grabbed the stick from Jungkook and ran off.

Jungkook quietly stared at that little kid as he ran away into the distance, slowly becoming a small dot and no more.

Jungkook got up and walked away.

thud. thud.

Jungkook looked up. It was snowing.

Breath pale against the numbing air, he blinked as the frost kissed his face, captivated by the soft, dusty illusions of light that sat heavy on his eyelashes.

Jungkook did not know if his face was wet from the snow, or his tears.

Softly, he said, "Happy death anniversary, Taehyung."

Clumps of wet flakes drifted windlessly down.

"..This winter has been cold without you. I miss you."

As Jungkook continued to stare at the sky, someone had bumped into him.

"Ouh!"

Jungkook turned around and saw that it was a boy who looked somewhat his age, had permed hair and was wearing a white shirt with the word 'CELINE' imprinted on it.

"Sorry, sorry! I did not see you!"

That boy hastily bowed to him a few times but before he could leave, Jungkook had grabbed onto his arm.

He didn't know why he did it either.
This man looked somewhat.. familiar?

That boy looked at Jungkook in confusion. "Uh? Can I help you?"

Jungkook realized what he was doing and immediately let go of his hand. "Ah! Sorry, I just thought that.. Have we met each other before?"

That boy widened his eyes before he crossed his arms and smirked. "Is this your way of flirting?"

Jungkook became flustered. "What? N-no! I just.."

Taehyung grinned as he stretched out his hand to the latter. "My name is Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you."

Jungkook smiled and he reached out for Taehyung's hand. "Jeon Jungkook. Nice to meet you too."

w̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶i̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶

meet or part, live or die,
we’ve made oath, you and i.

this lifetime, next lifetime,
i would still point at you and say,
"you are the only one i want."

爱所有人,不负任何
love all, do wrong to none

END