[12] SNOW

#7 WISH: jungkook, let's play in the snow.

Jungkook recovered from his cold pretty quickly.

The days went on as normal until one day, snow began to fall.

Taehyung and Jungkook used to love the snow. They would ditch their studies to go out and play everytime it snowed.

When they got tired, the two tiny figures would plop onto the soft mattress made of snow and roll their bodies around.

But everything was not the same anymore ever since that one night. Everytime Jungkook saw snow, he would panic. He had nowhere to hide from, no one was willing to provide him a roof that he could stay under. Soon, he became scared of snow.

"Jungkook, it's snowing." Taehyung said as he stared at the icy flakes dancing down from the sky.

"Close the windows."

"Let's go out and play." Taehyung pouted.

Jungkook glared at Taehyung and put down the scroll he was reading. "I said no. Close the fucking windows."

"What if it's my last wish?" Taehyung grabbed Jungkook by his arm and dragged him out of the room. "Let's go!"

Jungkook tried yanking his arm away but it was useless. He had no choice but to follow the elder.

Once they were out, Taehyung took a handful of snow and formed a small ball in his palm. He threw the snowball at Jungkook.

"Ouch! What the fuck!" Jungkook cursed out as the snowball hit right in the middle of his face.

He was a very competitive person and he grabbed more snow, forming it into a larger ball and threw it at Taehyung with all his might.

"Not fair! Your hands are huge!" Taehyung chuckled as he randomly threw more snow at Jungkook.

Jungkook blocked all of his attacks with one hand and another hand was busy collecting more snow.

Taehyung was confused as of why he did not attack him just yet, until he noticed the huge clump of snow that Jungkook was holding.

".......Jungkook are you trying to kill me with that?"

An evil smirk was formed on Jungkook's face. Using all his strength, he threw the huge ass snowball at Taehyung. "Catch that!"

Taehyung screamed and tried to dodge it but it was useless. He didn't act quick enough and the snowball ended up hitting him on the face. "......"

Jungkook was rolling on the floor laughing in tears. Taehyung glared at him. A part of him had regretted calling Jungkook out to play, but another part of him was relieved.

It had been a long time ever since he last saw Jungkook being this happy. He couldn't help but smile.

They continued playing for hours. Their bodies were covered with snow and the cold air was filled with giggles and chuckles. It was if they had returned back in time. Back when everything was still fine.

"Huff.. I'm tired, I'm tired.. That's enough for today.." Taehyung said as he brushed off the excess snow on his robe. Jungkook was really too brutal on him.

As the two of them walked back to their room, Taehyung suddenly stopped in track. It seemed like he had suddenly thought of something.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asked and he had also paused.

Taehyung turned his head to look at Jungkook. He stared into the younger's pair of dark eyesㅡ they always seemed dim and hollow but for some reason, Taehyung could feel some warmth emiting from them that night. Slightly taken aback, he pursed his lips and spoke,

"Jungkook, there's something I've been wanting to do."

"What is it?"

Taehyung dragged Jungkook back into the field of snow. Then, he removed the fur cloak that was covering Jungkook's body.

Jungkook was only wearing a thin layer of garment underneath and he flinched when the freezing air brushed past his skin.

"Why are you taking off my cloak? It's cold-"

Before Jungkook could finish his sentence, Taehyung had draped the cloak over his body.

"Wha-" Jungkook was confused. Why did Taehyung take off his cloak only to put it back on?

"I've always wanted to do this, Jungkook. Whenever I saw snow, I used to think if you had any place to shelter from.. if there was anyone who would be willing to give you extra layers of clothes.."

Taehyung said as he tightened the cloak around Jungkook's body.

".....I had always wanted to do this. Are you warm now?"

Taehyung looked up at Jungkook with his half-lidded eyes. His eyes were so different in moments like these, more soft than Jungkook knew eyes could be.

Jungkook did not know what to feel. Was he angry? Frustrated? Grateful?

Angry. He gritted his teeth and slapped Taehyung's hands away. Taehyung was stunned and tried to look for answers in the younger's eyes. He saw anger.

The anger in his eyes showed the scared child within, the little boy who was taught to fight and starved of the warmth he craved.

"You could've looked for me! You could've given me a place to stay! You could've.. you could've done this ten years ago.. if only you had looked for me.. if only you...!"

Jungkook's eyes were bloodshot red and he choked on his sobs. Taehyung did not say anything. He remained quiet.

Jungkook couldn't finish his words and he stormed off in anger, leaving Taehyung alone in the snow.

Little did he know, Taehyung had always sneaked out every snowy night to look for Jungkook. Fighting against the snowstorm and mountain wolves. But Jungkook was far gone.