[27] GOODBYE

#22 WISH: jungkook, is this really my last wish?

[guys if you read this while listening to Give You My Heart by IU it would be nice i think HSKSH]

A year had gone by and Taehyung's last wish was still not fulfilled.

A ghost's life span in the mortal realm was not long and Taehyung grew weaker as days passed. Sometimes, he would suddenly pass out or his body would start to glow dimly.

He did not have much time left. If he still couldn't fulfill his last wish, his soul would not be able to enter the wheel of reincarnation.

Jungkook did not want to let Taehyung go but he knew that he had no rights to say anything. Afterall, Taehyung had died under his blade.

He had finally found his will to live, but he found it in someone who was no longer alive.

One day, they were spending their night on the rooftop as usual when Taehyung suddenly collapsed.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook panickedly caught Taehyung in his arms and shook his body. "What's wrong? Are you hurt? Are you-?"

"Jungkook.." Taehyung said in a low voice and he smiled faintly. "..I really don't think I have much time left.."

Jungkook's eyes widened and wavered. "What are you saying.. haha.. Taehyung.. what..?" He continued to shake the person in his arms.

The person that was slowly fading away.

"Taehyung.. don't scare me, I lost you once, twice.. I can't again.. Taehyung please." Thin layer of mist started to form on Jungkook's eyes.

Taehyung did not have much strength to reply. Under the moonlight, his body had became translucent.

"..From a long time ago.. I.. I actually already knew... what my last wish was.."

Jungkook couldn't hold back his tears anymore. Tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down his face.

"No, no.. Taehyung.. why are you doing this to me..I'm dirty, I killed you, I will go to hell.. I won't be able to meet you.."

drip. drip. Jungkook's crystal-like tears fell right thru Taehyung's cheeks.

With all his might, Taehyung lifted up his hand to caress Jungkook's wet cheek
and parted his pale lips to speak,

"I did not have the chance to say this to you before I died.. I forgot what I wanted to say, but I suddenly remembered.." Taehyung coughed.

"I think that's why.. my body became weak so quickly.. because I had finally remembered.."

Jungkook's mind was in a disarray. He was so frustrated that he didn't know what to do. All he could do was cry and cry and cry as the person in his arms became more and more translucent.

It felt like someone was tearing open the healed wound in his heart again.

"What.. what was it? What was it that you wanted to say.." Jungkook choked on his sobs.

Taehyung smiled.

"I had a lot to tell you.. things like I want to protect you for a lifetime, I want to make you more black bean noodles, I want to sew your clothes, I want to feed you medicine, I want to give you warmth, I want to watch the moon with you,

and I hope that.. you would be able to forgive me.."

Jungkook clutched onto Taehyung tighter and yelled out incoherent sobs. His body was trembling violently.

"But all that came down to one. The thing that I had always been wanting to tell you, but never did..."

Jungkook tried to hold the cold hand that was caressing his face but it was useless. His hand slipped right through Taehyung's hand.

Realization dawned on Jungkook, Taehyung was going to leave him again.

Softly, Taehyung said,

"Love all, do wrong to none.
I love you, Jeon Jungkook."

and he shattered into thousands specks of light.

The only thing that was left now was the blue robes that Jungkook had bought for Taehyung.

"TAEHYUNG!!" Jungkook screamed into the air. Paralyzed with fear and anguish, he collapsed on the roof.

Everything faded into abyss.

Gone.

He was gone.

The only light in his world,

The only one he could write beautiful poems for,

The only one who knew what his favourite flower was,

The only one who would watch the moon with him,

The only one he wanted to protect,

The only one.

Taehyung.

Love all? There was nothing he could love anymore. His heart had shattered and gone with the wind. His last breath had been pulled from his lungs.

Taehyung had put Jungkook's burning soul down to a cool rest, where he laid benumbed of the greed, rudeness, and hatred of the living world.

Taehyung was gone. Never to return.

That year, carnations no longer bloomed.