[21] I DO

#16 WISH: jungkook, do you?

After half a day of walking, they finally reached at Jung Palace.

There were many guests dressed in lavish robes gathering at the entrance. It seemed like they were invited to the wedding ceremony too.

"Warrior Jeon! The great and all mighty Lord Jeon! Come in, please come in!"
Emperor Jung welcomed Jungkook with open hands and showed him to his seat.

"You know, the story of you killing your own master was truly truly shocking! Just how powerful are you? Hahaha.. Truly the warrior of our time!"

Emperor Jung praised him with full sincerity but Jungkook was not happy.

He glanced at Taeyung who was walking beside him and noticed that his expression had became gloomy.

Jungkook reached out his hand and held onto Taehyung's, ten fingers interlocking.

Taehyung flinched at the sudden touch and when he saw that it was Jungkook, he couldn't help but smile. He relaxed his face, unknitting his brows and changing his posture from anxious to calm.

Jungkook tried to stop Emperor Jung from talking more. "Uh your majesty, it's truly a great honour to be invited. We- I mean, I will surely enjoy the ceremony tonight. Congrats, congrats."

A few hours later, the hall was filled with guests from all around the world. It was time for the wedding ceremony to begin.

Two men who were wearing matching red hanbok walked in and stood in the middle of the hall.

Taehyung was kneeling down beside Jungkook and he leaned in to whisper something.

"That's young master Jung and Min, right? Wow. They're truly a pair made in heavens."

The ceremony started with the two grooms feeding each other wine. Then, it was the time to say their vows.

Taehyung leaned in again, "Is this the part where they say I do?"

Jungkook elbowed Taehyung. "Just watch."

Taehyung watched in anticipation.

"Do you, Jung Hoseok, take Min Yoongi as your groom?"

"I do."

"Do you, Min Yoongi, take Jung Hoseok as your groom?"

Taehyung suddenly felt like he wanted to say those two words too so he turned around to Jungkook without thinking much and said,

"I do."

"I do."

Yoongi and Taehyung said at the same time. Everyone started clapping and cheering loudly.

"Good! Very good! May the two new emperors live long!"

Jungkook was looking at Taehyung, Taehyung was looking at Jungkook.

It felt like the whole world had stopped spinning.

Taehyung realized what he had just said and his face became extremely red.

"N-no, no, I-I was just.."

"You do?" Jungkook cut in. Taehyung did not know why, but he felt like he could see a faint blush on Jungkook's ears.

The old man beside Jungkook turned around and he thought that Jungkook was talking to him. "I do? What did I do?"

"Jungkook, I was just kidding.." Taehyung lowered down his head and tried to cover his rosy cheeks with his sleeves. He was embarrassed.

Jungkook snorted. "Of course I know that you were joking."

The man beside looked at Jungkook like he was a madman. "Huh? What was I joking about? Do I look like a joke to you?!"

It seemed like that greasy old man had no idea the one he was talking to was Warrior Jeon.

Jungkook looked away, breaking the eye contact.

They continued watching the ceremony as Jung Hoseok and Min Yoongi kissed.

For some reason, the two of them felt like something was amiss. What was it that they were feeling?

Dissapointment?