The institution episode 1

**** November 10th, 2018 ****

Ivie Momoh sat on the prison floor with a pen and a book in her hand. She was trying to buttress more points on fairness and Justice in Nigerian political system. If she were to be in the outside world, she would have definitely doubled as lecturer in the University or published several textbooks, apart from being a journalist.

What's Justice when even the people on seat are as not accountable to their actions. Does the world fairness even exist? Or could it be fictional?
Ivie sighed tiredly then she continued writing.

Fairness is one action word that has never been put in practice. She didn't even spell out the whole 'practice' when she ran out of ink.

There was no more pen and her cell mates were not keen on writing so there was no point asking any of them.

She decided she'll ask Warden Rose to help me get more pen or her best friend Shade when she comes visiting.
Ivie placed her book on a pile of other books she has used these last eight years in prison. Some had already worn out.

Then she laid my head on the cold floor then she closed her eyes to sleep.
She heard someone hit the prison bar then she turned back to see Warden Rose and Ivie smiled.

Warden Rose was so far the nicest Warden in the whole prison yard! God bless the day she met her.

She made life easier for Ivie.

"What?" Ivie asked and she smiled.
"I hope there's no problem" she added and Rose shook her head, on the contrary, she had good news.
"None actually, it's good news. There's been an order to release you" she announced and her eyes dilated in shock.

"Ho.. how...how? Why?" She stammered and Rose shrugged.
"I don't know"

"Who ordered the release"

"I don't know"

"How did?"

"Don't ask me anymore question Ivie. Maybe it's God answering your prayers. You'll leave by 8 tomorrow"
"Should I be scared?" She asked, "Why?"

"I've read enough stories to know that there's a possibility that someone might want me dead"

"Why didn't they do it in prison? If anyone wanted you dead my dear, they would have done so years ago. You should be grateful for this miracle" she answered and Ivie scoffed.

"Miracles?"

She has never believed in miracles. If miracles existed, if God existed, she would have been saved years ago.
To her, just like Justice in the world, God doesn't exist too.

"Ivie" she called out her name and she rolled her eyes, she knew Rose was going to start up a sermon.

"Thank you for the information Ma. I really appreciate it" 

"It's your last night here dear. Sleep well dear"

I laid back and I began to think of how the outside world would be, I thought of the roads, would everything look different? Would there be more advancement in technology?

What would be the new trend since the invention of smart phones? She wondered which social media platform will be popularly used now. 
Then it was 2go, eskimo, Facebook then WhatsApp came out but wasn't popular as at that time. Or perhaps there have been many more.

Then she thought of her family,  especially her two siblings, Mutey and Ese who never visited her, not even for once.

It was disturbing at first but she soon learned how to get used to it. She didn't even ask questions.
Maybe they found the thought of seeing her in prison was very depressing. All I could think of was how they would look like, could they have gotten fatter or slimer? Obedient or rebellious. They had barely turned fifteen when she left. They were now 23 years of age, "My babies are grown ups already" she said within.