The institution episode 6

The Institution - Chapter 6

Ivie knocked on the door and her mother opened up. Then she busted into tears. Mrs Momoh already guessed what happened. Sm
She pulled Ivie close then she hugged her.

***

"I can't believe that fool, that idiot had the right to date Silvia and then marry her. They even had a honeymoon that I didn't have!" She took off the wig and Mrs Momoh wondered what the honeymoon had to do with her complain, she only kept on patting her daughter on her back. Not like it doing much to ease the tension!

"You didn't even cry like this in prison"

"Cause I felt like Ken Saro Wiwa and other great men that has fallen because they were trying to protect what was right! It was so convenient for him to date Silvia. It's a as if he's been waiting for it!"

"This man is not worth your tears . Just forget about him!"

"It's so crazy but I still love the idiot! Urgh! If it were to be another woman"

"What difference would it have made?" Mrs Momoh asked and she gave it a thought.

"I love it when you make points" she answered and Mrs Momoh chuckled.
Ade walked in slowly, "Can I serve the food now?" She asked and Ivie shook her head.

"No. I'm not hungry"

"Ade go and get the package from her room" Mrs Momoh ordered and Ade rushed off.

"What package?" Ivie asked and Mrs Momoh shrugged.

"It's a surprise"

Ade finally brought in two shopping bag and Mrs Momoh opened the first one bringing out some clothes.

"My favorite in this red gown, it's simply beautiful and it's slim fit and it's stretchy too" she raised it up smiling.

"It's nice. You bought it like I'll be going on a date"

"You're beautiful my dear, very soon, I'm pretty sure a man will come running"

"I'm not dating anyone till further notice"

"Why? Don't say that"

"I'm serious. Men are just one piece of work. They're the same"

"Daniel was your first boyfriend. Your first and only boyfriend, don't speak like you've dated a hundred. You're not the kind to make such generalization"

"Maybe but I'm more hurt than I was when I signed that divorce settlement"

"He's not worth your tears and he's not worth making such decision as not dating any longer. He's not worth it at all"

"What's in the second bag?" Ivie asked and Mrs Momoh brought out a packet of phone.
"It's the same with my phone" she removed the phone. 
"I already had it charged, you can use it"

"You shouldn't have"

"Please don't say a word, you're my daughter and I'm giving you the best I can"