The institution episode 28

****

Rachel sighed looking at the number given to her by Ziko then she dialed it on her phone. Immediately the call went through, she hung up.
Then she looked at Chopper whose eyes were still closed. She placed her hands over his nose to check if he was already dead it still breathing.
He was still breathing.
"Rachel I know you don't want to speak but I want to know how screwed we are?"
"If they find me they'll kill me, if they find you with me, they'll kill you too and I have no where to go so, I guess we'll both die together"
"That's very reassuring" She answered and Rachel chuckled.
"When I look at you and your late sister, I feel like I've failed my elder sister"
"You haven't. You tried your best but we can be a little bit stubborn" Rachel answered and her aunt laughed.
"Thank God you know!" She snapped.
"Are you going to call the number?"
"I don't know who to trust, I think I'll just report to the police"
"And you trust the police?"
"I'm in between the devil and the red sea here, I don't know shit about this person only that his name is William. What if I call him and this guy tries to kill us? I can't take that risk. I'll go to the police station, I mean that son of a bitch Efe was arrested right? Anything is possible"
"Is it everybody you have something against?"
"He patronises the club and he treats girls like crap. Going to prison is like mercy for them" Racheal answered then she rose up.
"Where are you going to?"
"The police station" she answered taking off a face cap that was hanging on the wall.
"Police men are the worst! Haven't you learnt from your sister?"
"Aunty I'm choiceless here"

Frank walked into Liam office the he caught him sleeping, his head on the desk.
"Boss!" He called out and Liam raised his head up slightly.
"My aunt is here" he announced and Emotan walked in.
"Where's Dode?" She asked and he shrugged.
"He's busy"
"And the rest of the team? It was supposed to be a meeting, he was supposed to show up"
"Well he's busy, Frank is here, even though we don't have a full team, we can work something out"
"You don't look so good"
"I'm exhausted, I've been everywhere lately and I guess it's taking a toll on me"
"Are you sure you're okay and you don't need to see the doctor?"
"Let's talk about the attack"
"These guys drove in out of nowhere, they didn't come to disrupt the meeting, they weren't even aware of it. They wanted one of the women, Mama Uki" she answered and Liam raised his brow in surprise.
"Yes. The same Uki that appeared on TV last night, I know this boy, I've known him right from 2010 and I believe she needs some form of protection"
"It's a small world Emotan, I'm Uki's lawyer and I feel bad for failing to put the mother in consideration. They'll definitely want to get close to his family members to reach some form of bargain"
"You can't shield all of them" Frank added and Liam rolled his eyes.
"Always the pessimist"
"I'm not being pessimistic, I'm just being real. That guy is under the Momoh's roof right? Are you going to put the mother there too? Or you'll keep her at your house"
"I would have taken her in but I have more enemies than she does" Emotan answered.
"There's only one thing left to do"
"What?"
"Involve your mom in this"
"No. She won't agree to any of my plans or my methods. Heck! She still thinks that Dad died from an actual robbery"
"Time is drawing near, we need to start shooting at these guys".
"We don't have full evidence yet"
"What about the ones we have already? Are they not enough?"
"If we try anything now, we won't win. We need them to be really vulnerable"
"I'm tired Liam, I only want to see them all rot in jail. We need your mom's foundation, if there's anywhere they'll be less suspicious of, it'll be that place. Mama Uki will be safe there"
"Where is she?"
"At the lobby with Dorathy"

Rachel had to take a ride over to the town police station. There were press van around the vicinity, she bowed her head passing by then she hit Rita on the arm.
"I'm sorry" She raised her hands.
"It's okay, maybe you should raise your head up while walking"
"Thank you" she answered and Rita stared suspiciously at her.
"Rita!" Dickson called out and she flipped her hair.
"Where was I?"