The institution episode 18

5th April, 2011

Two men walked into Ivie's office while she wrote on her note book. She raised her brow at them then she continued writing.
"My secretary said you both have something important to tell me. About what exactly?" She asked and they both looked into each other's eyes.
"It's about the petition Ma" one of the men answered, "Are tou both from the government? Probably came to tell me to desist from doing what I want"
"No Ma. We have information that can help you win the case" he continued and Ivie dropped the pen now paying full attention to them.
"You can both have your seat" she grinned and they did.

She got out of the office with them and they got into a car removing some documents. "They might help, it's uh..." The guy looked towards a direction of a guy who was supposed to take their picture.
"They contain possible information about the election figures and all"
She scanned through it then she shook her head.
"I might have to look through this in my personal time. Thank you very much" she stretched her hands at one of the guys and he shook her hands.
"You're welcome Ma"

****

Shade watched some men beat up her husband and she shut her eyes. "You guys don't have to do this? Very soon, Ivie will notice I'm not around and she'll be on the governor's tail"
"We don't have to but all we need is for you to testify against her" Ziko explained and she shook her head.
"I will never testify" they brought a gun pointing it at the husband's head.
"This woman! it's as if you don't know what's at stake here." He added looking at the gun who now had the gun pointing to his eyes.
"What exactly do you guys want me to say?" her lips trembled and the Ziko smirked.
"Now you're coming up" he dropped the gun.
"I'm sorry" George mouthed.
"What will happen to Ivie when she goes to prison?" Shade asked, "I don't think that's any of your business" he answered and Shade sobbed.
"Forgive me Ivie" she muttered, "Forgive me"

****

9th of April, Ivie woke up looking at her belly bump. She had a robe on and she placed her hands above the bump smiling.
"Very soon princess or prince, everything will be fine. I know you still have about four months to be in here but I can't wait to have you here. Frankly the only reason why I thrive apart from Grandpa is for you, these past few months, you've been my only real company and I can't wait to see your pretty pretty face but first we'll win the case and.." a phone call interrupted her thought process and she picked it up.
It was officer Faruq.
"What's up Faruq?" She asked, "Are you at home?"
"Yes?"
"Madam I have Intel that the police are on their way right now to arrest you"
"For what?"
"Madam it's big oh, there was an attempt on the Governor's life just last night and you're the major suspect"
"What's the proof?"
"They caught the guys you sent to to the job Ma" "What guys are you talking about? Faruq are you drunk?"
"Madam if I was drunk, I wouldn't have called you. This is a serious case, I'll just advise you find a way out of the state or even out of the country for a while"
"Why should I run? I didn't do anything. This has to be a set up, yes, I'm very sure. Someone's trying to set me up and I'll get the person"
"Ma'am it's not the time for that, I'm risking my job giving you this Intel. Ma it's better you leave your home now"
"I'm not a coward. I didn't do anything and I'll prove it"
"Ma"
Ivue hung up and Ralph called. "Good morning Ivie" "Good morning" "How's the baby?"
"She or he is fine"
"There was an attempt on the Governor's life last night and don't freak out but I think people are going to suspect you"
"Faruq just called me, he said they caught the guys I sent. Apparently they're" "Setting you up" he finished the sentence and she nodded.
"I'll get out of this sooner than they think? I didn't do shit"
"Have you called your Godfather?" "No. I think you had better start making some calls now"
"I don't need it. I'll come out of this" she hung up. Ivie took her bathe then she wore a gown. When she heard a knock on the door, she opened up.
"Miss Ivie Momoh, you are under arrest for the attempt on the Governor's life"
"Can we go to the station now?" She asked, "Anything you say will be"
"Oga was I arguing with you? You want me to go to the police station with you, let's go then." She answered and the police man brought out a cuff.
"If you dare cuff me I'll sue you! Have I acted violently? I know my rights!" She yelled.
"Sorry Ma" he apologized and they escorted her out to the police van.