The institution episode 15

The Institution - Episode 15

****

Ivie glanced at the TV at the lobby. The news about the dead girl was being announced formally.
"Eye witness said her body was about to be moved by some guys but their presence chased them off." The newscaster, Rita announced and Ivie glared at her.
She remembered the day they met; she wondered who Rita's source could be.
Ivie walked into Liam's office, his T.V was on and what was on the news was the report on Judith's death.
"Who's she?"
"A three hundred level theater art student"
"Not the victim, I meant the newscaster"
"Oh that's Rita Anderson. She's a newscaster on DTV, why did you ask?" He asked and she shrugged.
"Do you know her?"
"What did you notice?"
"Nothing really.... . I think the victim was r*ped. Judging from the pictures, maybe she was r*ped and thrown away. How will one know? Years ago I would have gone James bond on the matter"
"And you can't do that now because?"
"I don't think anyone will take me seriously. Prison did change some people's opinion about me. She's just a young girl and those heartless people killed her!"
"It's really sad" Liam replied then Ivie dropped the document on the desk.
"So I went through the terms. The clauses are way too much"
"I know. It's more or less like subjecting the company to slavery. I already made my decision, I just wanted your opinion" he answered and she smiled.
"What does my opinion mean to the boss?"
"Well it's means more than you can imagine" he answered and she suddenly felt a little discomfort.
"I also read your report sheet and I think it's brilliant" he answered, "Are you trying to kiss my ass?" She asked and he scoffed.
"Why in the world would I do that?"
"Thanks" Ivie chuckled.

****

Ese tried her best to console Susan who couldn't stop crying in school about Judith's death.
"Just try to take it easy" "She's not in your department that's why! Judith shouldn't have died like that"
"Someone went for her runs and eventually died, you are there crying" another person from theatre department waved her hands mockingly at Susan.
"Cyndy!"
"Abeg no Cyndy me! The only thing wey I dey reason now na my notebook wey i give her. I no know how I go reach Elsie make she help find am" she walked away and Ese rolled her eye.
"You have crazy people in your department"
"Is it not law that I wanted and these people gave me theatre arts?" She hissed now cleaning her tears.
"I wonder what those guys did to her" Susan continued and Ese shrugged, "Maybe it was politicians, perhaps they used her body for rituals" She guessed.
"Have you seen the pictures? No parts were missing" Ese noted and Susan started crying again.
"I know of people that have been doing this runs since ages past and they're fine. Why does she have to die?"
"Well everyone has different luck. Maybe she wasn't just lucky"
"Hello girls" Uki waved at them and Ese forced a smile.
"I'm sorry about the great loss in your department Suzie. It happened to us on our first year but.... It was our first year and no one really knew the guy. I can't imagine how you feel"
"I feel awful but thanks anyways"
"You're welcome. I heard all activities has been cancelled for her procession tomorrow."
Some girls passed by talking loud about Judith's death. "Dr. Ewa will definitely move the test to next week. It's as if people should be dying everyday" She answered and the girl walking with her laughed.
Susan hissed.
"Why are people so insensitive?"
"It's totally normal Suzie. There'll be no peotry night right?" Uki asked and Ese nodded, "It's quite dissapointing"
"I'm sorry. Not to sound insensitive or anything would you be free on Friday evening?" He asked and she gave a gentle nod.
"I don't think I have anything doing"
"Ok. I left my phone in my tutorial class" he passed a book and a pen to her.
"So I can reach you" he requested and she wrote her number on it. "See you girls around"
"Yeah yeah" Susan answered then she watched him leave. Her gaze fell on Ese who knew what she going to say already.
"Why don't you want to tell him you have a boyfriend"
"I'll tell him on Friday"
"What if Efe makes a plan on Friday?"
Ese hissed, "Which plan? After he bluntly refused to come for the peotry night for no reason. I'd rather go out with Uki or any other guy than go out with that big head!"