The institution episode 41 (Final episode)

The institution (Final episode)

****

Delilah placed her hands on the table now looking at Ivie who was now eager to know what she had to say her.

Perhaps she wanted to apologize.
"Thank you for coming. I'm glad Daniel talked you into seeing me"
"You didn't leave him with much choice did you?"

"I see... So he told you"
"Yes he did. Can we cut to the chase now? Why do you ask to see me?"

"I need a favor"

"You and your husband can rot in jail for all I care, so if that was the favor you wanted, I can as well leave now" Ivie answered and Delilah scoffed.

"I wasn't going to..." She trailed off then she scoffed again.
"I guess congratulations are in order for you" she added and Ivie rolled her eyes.
"I mean you had victory over my son, and now you're having already having pre-victory glow"
"What can I say? Victory can be quite addictive" she answered then she exhaled afterwards.
"I'm pretty sure you didn't call me to extend a hand of friendship to me neither did you call me here to congratulate me."
"I need a favor"

"What favor?"

"I want to see me son"

"What?"

"I want to see my son, I never really got to see him, not once since he got arrested, even till now"
"What kind of mother are you?"
"Can you make me see him? Yes or No? Don't start throwing insults"
"No"
"It's Important"
"Give me one reason why I should believe you? How do I know you're not planning to escape?"
"I'm not!" She snapped then she hissed.
Ivie stood up to leave and Delilah sighed.
"Many years ago my parents got arrested by the police." She began and Ivie turned back to her in interest.  "They were criminals, we were all criminal, our family began SR and I was so young, we were young, Babylon and I" she shut her eyes and tears poured down.
"I have a phobia for police station but it didn't stop me from doing what I did. It made me even wiser. Covering my tracks well, it made me who I am today so I don't regret that part. The whole point of this story is that my parents died in prison and I never for once visited them."
"That's horrible"

"Yes, I was a horrible daughter just as I am a horrible mother. I can't go to prison knowing I didn't really speak to my son." She cleaned her tears.

"What makes you think I have the power to do that"

"All you just have to do is talk to William. I'm pretty sure he can work something out before the Court proceedings start"

"What makes you think I'll do it"
"Because you're going to have children someday, try to put yourself in my shoes. What would you do? I am begging you. I have never begged anyone in my life, this one thing I ask, please."

"I got worried when your mom informed me you were going to see Delilah" Liam repeated in bed for the fifth time that evening and Ivie who laid on his chest rubbed her hands on his chest.

"I'm sorry dear. I wanted to hear her out, maybe hear her apologize"
"Did she?"
"She didn't. Not even a bit but I felt pity for her when she told me her story." Ivie paused and Liam rolled his eyes.

"Can you pull some strings? I mean make some calls..."
"I don't want to"

"Come on, it's not as if she's asking to be released. I'll go with her and her children will be there incasee she has some sneaky thing planned. We'll be with policemen. There's nothing to be scared of baby, all she's asking for is to see her son; nothing more"