The institution episode 9

The Institution - Episode 9

See all episodes here »

Just as a light instrumental went on at the background, Ivie observed Senator Humphrey's home closely. It was like a world on it's own; It was twice bigger than hers. It was like one of those homes seen on British royal movies.

From the spacious sitting room that contained basically all the visitors to lightings to the chandelier hanging in the sitting room, the quality furnishings, Ivie assumed the house was definitely build from a looted funds.

Politicians and their crooked ways, she scoffed.

Suddenly she started to wonder if her father ever looted money like other politicians. These thoughts occupied her mind . At least it was better than staring into the eyes of guest who obviously recognized her with their piercing and judgemental facial expression.

Ivie's gaze fell upon a waiter whose eyes didn't leave her for a moment. Was he admiring her or what? Ivie looked away then she glanced back at him and he was obviously still staring.

Just when she tried looking away again, she sighted another guy looking at her and she instantly became worried.

Something deep inside told her something was wrong about the stare but was she just being paranoid?

"Hello pretty" A tiny voiced man, Humble said to Ivie and she waved at him. "A beautiful woman shouldn't be alone" he added and Ivie faked a smile.

She was tempted to think she was still stuck in 2011 with an archaic pick up line that her father probably used to woo her mother.

What's it with the voice? She thought but Humble kept on smiling
. He found it hard to believe she just got out of prison. Damn did she look good!

"Can we speak?" He asked and she shrugged thinking of an excuse to escape from this one.

"Jesus! Um" she scattered her eyes in search of her mom.

"I came here with my mom, I was supposed to meet with my date" she answered then she saw Mrs Momoh coming her way.

"I see you've met already. Ivie, he's civil servant I told you about." "Oh"
"I better leave you two to get to know yourselves better" she left them alone and Ivie looked away and she cussed ever accepting to come in the first place.

"What's it with the voice?" She asked trying to be as polite as possible.

"I'm sorry" he cleared his throat.
"My voice tends to go high pitch once in a while"

"Oh"

"You look amazing Ivie, I must say"
"You know my name already, I think it's only fair to know you too"

"Pardon my manners, my name is Humble Jack"

****

Liam parked his car outside the gate along with some cars. There were body guards positioned left and right.
"Your name?" One of the guards asked, "William Oscar" he answered and he gave a gentle nod then he search him just before he walked in.

His phone rang and he picked it, "Where are you?" She asked, "I'm there already. I just got in"
"I was going to tell you not to come again, but you didn't pick my calls!"
"Mom I was driving. I don't pick calls when driving"

"So you said you're here already Shea?" She asked.

Liam creased his brow in suspicion. For some reason, his mother didn't want him there, what happened to the match making plans?
Liam was tempted to leave but he had to find out what had happened. He got in then immediately sighted his mother from her height. She was one of the shortest women there and she was also looking for him.