Chapter Twentytwo

Kamya
Los Angeles📍

I took my glasses off my face as I walked into my moms house

I took my glasses off my face as I walked into my moms house. It was nothing but family and friends of Dean. Today was his funeral nothing but depression was written on my face.

I walked into the kitchen seeing his grandma and my mom serving food to everyone. "Hey baby" My mom said.

I sent a warm smile than sat on end of the island.

"Where's Brooklyn" I asked.

"She's upstairs changing into something comfortable" She said as I nodded.

"You hungry" His grandma Viola asked. "No ma'am, but can you fix a plate for Roddy and his friends they should be pulling up in a sec" I told her.

"How are you and Roddy by the way" My mom asked.

"We're great" I said smiling.

"I haven't seen him in two years, I be hearing his music at work. I'm proud of him" She said.

"Me too, I always told him music was going to get him somewhere" I said.

I felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist making me look back and mug them. "Why you gotta mug me tho" He said.

"Roddy don't be sneaking up on me like that" I laughed as he placed a kiss on my lips.

"Hey Rodrick" My mom said pulling him into a hug.

"Hey Ms.Brown, I haven't seen you in along time" He chuckled. "I just told Kamya the same thing" She said.

I looked in the living room seeing Donbo and Bird grabbing snacks off the table. I got up walking towards them.

"What are y'all doing" I asked grabbing the bags out they hand. "What it look like, we stealing snacks duh" Bird said.

"Put them back" I gritted my teeth. "Only grab one, how you gon come in here stealing snacks" I said shaking my head.

They smacked they lips pulling snacks out they suit and they pocket. I folded my arms laughing at how many bags they had hiding.

"Donbo I see the other bag in your pocket" I pointed out.

"Can I keep that one" He asked. I nodded walking back into the kitchen sitting back into my chair.

"This food bussin, who made this" Bree said. "I made it, you want another plate" Ms.Viola asked her as bree sent her a head nod.