Chapter 5

After the messy trial we had on the woods I accompanied Master Jin to his house, the exterior and interior of the house is similar to mine. We got inside and saw little Jin sleeping on the baby cradle with his cute sleeping mask. Kawaii~! The babysitter must have gone home.

Master and I proceeded to sit on the couch.

"So, Master, when will you and little Jin depart?" Issei asked.

"We'll depart tomorrow morning, take care of the book for me. And don't let anyone sneek a peek at it, it will endanger your family and friends" Master Jin warned.

"What's the history behind this book anyway? Why is it very important?" Issei asked curiously while flipping pages.

"I'm the one who made it" Master Jin said.

Hmmm...wait.

"What?"

"I'm the creator of Renewal Taekwondo, there's a pretty long history behind it. And war was a thing." Master Jin answered.

"Damn, that's amazing. What was the purpose of creating it?" Issei asked amazed.

"It was made for a counter for another fighting style, which is similar but also different. Did I ever tell you about the history of Taekwondo?"

"Uh no, you just taught me about the basics and the principles" Issei answered.

"Oh, right. Well, you see Taekwondo started as a single group, but as the time passed it split into two factions, there's WTF Taekwondo which was used in sports or Olympics, and then there's ITF Taekwondo where you're allowed to do lethal punching as well as kicks, it's mainly used in North Korea. Well it exists in South Korea also, but in quite small numbers."

"Ok, this gonna be good."

Master continued the history lesson.

"So, the North Korean Government started to make a new style of ITF Taekwondo, a style that is perfect to form the ultimate killing machine. They studied aspects of Chinese and Russian martial arts and used the data gathered to perfecting the original ITF Taekwondo. It's called the Northern ITF Taekwondo"

They must've been probably desperate for some kind of leeway, something enough to boost their fighting prowess. Though that's just pure speculation.

"It was created so that the user could infiltrate the opponent's defenses with much more precision than normal Taekwondo, in short it's basically a killing skill. It was perfect in every way. However, some assassins infiltrated South Korea, 37 out of 38 dead."

"Mhm mhm" Issei on full attention.

"Only one was captured alive. The government wanted to test the skills of the prisoner and brought 50 Martial Artists in South Korea to fight. Each match was 1:1 but the results were unexpected, 15 injured, 9 knocked out, and 26 dead."

"That style sounds like it's very purpose is to kill. " Issei inquired.

"Well yeah, it's integrated by a lot of Martial Arts to perfect *ehem* okay back to the story. After a humiliating defeat by the Northern ITF Taekwondo, the president ordered the development of a counter towards this Art, researchers analyzed ITF's origin. Found it's weakness and erased them, like stealth techniques, were you incorporate to erase one's presence."