Scared of Love

Jewel and Aj had been in the pool having a blast. Never in a million years did she think she would be in a full blown relationship with a hood nigga. Her name was Jewel because her dad was a jewelry designer before he past. He would tell her she was born he was speechless, she was the prettiest thing he had designed.
" aj baby come on let's get washed up for dinner. I have to go to work tonight so it will just you and your daddy"
Aj smacked his teeth he hated when Jewel worked he wanted her home 24/7.
Jewel wanted to be home with him to but she didn't want to quit her job, and depend on a man to provide everything.
Aries had suggested it plenty of times but she refused everytime.
*
" dad does Jewel have to work?"
" if she wants to go Aj we can't hold her back she will just be missing out on the coolest homies on the block" Aries dapped his son up.
Jewel continued to make their plates while smirking. Her boys was trying to make her feel bad.

" yeah Jewel missing out on the coolest homies on the block" he said while standing up like his dad. At 7 he knew he wanted his mommy to be home with him. He wanted to call her mommy but he wasn't sure if she would want to him. Mother's Day was coming up so he would get her gift to show her.

" Aj baby sit down and eat your spaghetti, I want to go to work to buy the things I want and need okay?"
He shrugged his shoulders and looked the other way. He was stubborn just like Aries. She sat down and ate with them in complete silence. Both Aries and Aj wanted her home and Jewel just didn't see herself depending on a man.
*
"Girl what's wrong" Rocky asked Jewel.
" Aries and Aj want me to stop working" Jewel sat at the bar. The gentleman's club had the regulars in tonight especially since Sapphire and Lola had been gone.
" I remember when Asher asked me to quit, I told him you could die tomorrow and how I'm suppose to stand on my too feet? He said I have a good life insurance policy Rachel. I said but is it enough to put the kids through college, if they decide to go or pay for our daughters wedding or what if I decide to open up my own hair salon like I've been talking about is it enough?"
" what did he say" Jewel asked.
" he didn't say anything else to me and we wasn't talking for a month but we got kids together so his shaggy from scooby doo looking ass had to say something to me, but the truth is my mom told me never depend fully on a man and that's why I clock in here everyday except Sunday &Monday that's hoenel's days" Rocky and Jewel laughed.
" you should just see little Aj when I leave girl you would think I'm stabbing him in the back, he gets so angry." Jewel thought on how close she had gotten with Aj.

" well let me say this then I'm taking a 15 minute to check on my babies, because Asher just let them do whatever, but Jewel make sure Aries want something real with you that's going to last because in the end not only will y'all be hurt but so will Aj"
Rocky slid Jewel her favorite glass of wine, Pink Moscato and walked away from the bar, leaving Jewel in deep thought about her deep rooted connection to little Aj. Sometimes she felt more like his mom than his daddy's girlfriend.
*
Mother's Day

" Jewel you coming today?" Aj asked her over the phone. He had brought her flowers and made her a car.
" when I get done spending the day with my brother if I make it back from my flight in time, I will stop by" Jewel hate being distance but she didn't want him to get hurt if her and Aries broke up, when she thought about they hadn't really established anything.
" fine but it's best you get here before I go to bed." He hung up on her.

" little guy love you huh?" Jordan asked his sister. They had just left the cemetery. They cleaned off their parents grave and prayed and talked to them. Jewel and her brother Jordan did this every Mother's and Father's Day.

" yeah but I've been distancing myself because me and his dad well we still fresh and fresh don't mean forever."
" Just a couple of forevers
A couple of forevers
I'm the only one, you're the only one
Together 'til never
I'm talking about forever
Just a couple of forevers" Jordan singed a few lyrics of Chrisette Michelle's A Couple of Forevers causing Jewel to sing too. They both laughed. She missed her brother dearly, hoping he would move to New York like he said he would. It was still a hours away but better than him being all the way on the west.
" he a single parent?"
" yes the situation with his mom went out bad" Aries had told Jewel she had ran off truth was he had strangled her and threw her in the ocean.

" then he got plans on forever little sis. What I always told you, us men we slow about things. We move at our own speed. You women be ready to get married in kindergarten, like dang I just met you" they both laughed.
That was true women always see forever when we inlove, not realizing that guys are not ready to settle down until they say they are ready and even then it's bound to be some slip ups, especially when they are known to have hoeish ways.
She knew Aries was wild but she prayed he would be calming down soon.
" time will tell Jordan"
" everybody is not like Nick, Janet just go with the flow babygirl. I love you have a safe flight" Jordan kissed his sister cheek before pulling up to the airport. These past 3 days had been great and very much needed for the both of them.
Jewel got the chance to spend time with her family and Jordan realized he wanted to be closer to his sister, even if that meant him picking up his practice a little sooner than he wanted.
" love you more, I'll text you when I get home"
*
" Aj she is coming, calm down! What's so special about the card?" Aries said he didn't know why Aj insisted on him not reading the card. He kept babbling on about the time and a surprise.
Aries went to check on the food in the kitchen. He wanted to do something nice for Jewel because he knew today was a hard day for her.
He set the table for three and listened to Dear Momma he hadn't called his momma yet. He just didn't see himself calling her this year or the years previous either. He hadn't forgave her, he doubt her promises of not knowing what happened to them.
*
The food was finally done he heard keys jingling.
Jewel looked at her man in the kitchen, some of the thing she had learned about Aries surprised her one being he was a great cook.
" where is Aj"
" upstairs, I already fed him put him in bed. He almost got a whooping tonight" Aries had to send him to bed early because he was acting all kinds of indifferent. " come sit down and eat mama"
" hold on let me tuck him in right" she walked up the steps.  Aries loved how she was with Aj.
Jewel seen a sleeping Aj laid on top of the covers. Aries never tucked him in saying that's to soft and he wasn't raising a punk.
She picked him placing him in the covers.
"Jewel you made it, dad said I had to go to bed early but here."

" I love you Mommy" he kissed her cheek before going to sleep

" I love you Mommy" he kissed her cheek before going to sleep. Jewel wiped her eyes not realizing she was crying. She wasn't expecting this at all.
" I love you more, my wonderful little man" she kissed his cheek.
Aries watched from the bedroom door. He was glad Jewel was in Aj's life, hopefully she was better than his mom and than Aj's biological mom.