Chapter 3 - Visiting the Orphanage

Marinette's alarm had been going off for 10 minutes straight, so Tikki, her Kwami, decided to try and wake her holder up. "MARINETTE, WAKE UP... MARINETTE ADRIEN IS HERE TO SEE YOU!" Tikki said by yelling in Marinette's ear. "Adrien, where?" Marinette said, sitting up. Tikki giggled at her holder's reply.

"Adrien isn't here, Marinette. I just said that to wake you up," Tikki laughed. "Very funny, Tikki, but I'm awake now." Marinette groaned. "What time is it, Tikki?" Marinette asked her, giggling at Kwami. "It is 8:15 am. Don't you have to be at the Orphanage at 9 am?" Said Tikki.

"You're right, Tikki," Marinette said as she hurried out of bed and quickly got herself ready. She grabbed her purse that Tikki hid in and then went downstairs to grab a muffin for herself and a few chocolate chip cookies for Tikki. "Goodbye, Mama and Papa," Marinette said as she walked past them to the door.

"Goodbye, dear, have a good day." Replied Sabine. Marinette left the bakery and started walking to the Orphanage, at least three blocks from her house.

When Marinette arrived at the Orphanage, it was just 9 o'clock, and her friends were already waiting for her. "Hey girl, two days in a row for being on time," Alya said as Marinette walked up to them. "Hey Alya, Hi boys." Replied Marinette. "Hi, Mari." Both Nino and Adrien said.

Just as Adrien was about to ask Marinette something, Miss Bustier said, "So in a few minutes, we will be able to go inside the Orphanage for you and your partner to choose your Foster child. Now please stand with your partner." Everyone went to stand by their partner except Chloe.

"Adkins, you're my partner, remember," Chloe said as she lashed onto Adrien. Adrien was trying to peel Chloe off himself when Marinette came over. "Chloe, what are you doing? Adrien is my partner for this project," Marinette said to Chloe. "Not anymore pleasant. We have changed partners; you are now with the redhead." Chloe said in a not-so-lovely way. Adrien was still trying to get Chloe off him. "So, run along to your new partner.

I have to talk to my Adrikins about the kid we are Fostering together," Chloe said. By now, Adrien had enough of Chloe's attitude towards Marinette. "Chloe, Marinette is still my partner. We never changed partners at all and would please get off me. Like now." Adrien said in a calm voice. Chloe let go of Adrien and stomped away from the pair. Adrien smiled at Marinette.

"Alright, Class", Miss Bustier said, getting her class's attention. "When we get inside, we will be meeting Nana Sue, who owns Little Wonders Orphanage. I want you to be on your best behaviour at all times."

Explained Miss Bustier.

Once Miss Bustier got the class to understand her terms, she led the class into the Orphanage, where they saw an older woman standing on the stairs. Once everyone was inside, Nana Sue started to greet everyone. "Welcome to Little Wonders Orphanage. I'm Nana Sue, who runs and owns this Orphanage for children. Now in just a few minutes, I will lead you through the Orphanage to where the children are."

Nana Sue continued, "I have talked to your teacher and the principal about this project of yours and would like to thank you for giving some of these children an opportunity outside this Orphanage. Once you have chosen a child, you can come to me, where I will get you to sign some papers and certain documents. Then I will also give you documents on the child you have chosen to take Foster for six months." Alya tried to get Marinette's attention but failed to do so.

"I have been told that you all have a partner for this project. I will give you and your partner a few minutes to talk about what kind of child you may want and how old you want them to be." Nana Sue said. Marinette, Adrien, Nino, and Alya huddled together to talk. "So, what kind of child do you want?" Alya asked.

"I would like a wee girl between the ages of 3 and 5." Said Marinette. "Same here," Adrien said, agreeing with Marinette. "I want either a boy or a girl or maybe even both!" Exclaimed Alya. "I would like a girl or a boy. One of each might be a bit too much, but I could work with it." Added Nino.

When the few minutes were up, Nana Sue said, "Now, if you would like to follow me, please, I will take you to the children." Nana Sue led the class to a big lounge area that had about 20 kids there playing with dolls or playing games with each other. "Alright, children." Nana Sue said, getting the little children's attention. "These Students will be Fostering some of you. So, that means you will stay with them for six months. While you stay with them, I want you to always be on your best behaviour." Said Nana Sue.

"Yes, Nana Sue." Said the children. Nana Sue turned back to face Miss Bustier's class and said to them, "Right, you may go around and talk to the children, Remember, once you and your partner have chosen a child come to me so we can get those papers and documents signed." The class then split up with their partners to go and find a child for Foster. "Nino and I are off to find our Daughter or Son. So, we will see guys you soon." Alya said, pulling Nino away from their friends.

Marinette and Adrien watched as their friends went off. "You ready to go and find our Foster child?" Adrien asked his partner. "Y-Y-Yea, I guess. I-I-I am a wee bit scared and nervous about Fostering a child Adrien. I mean, the only children I have been around with were Alya's little sisters and the children that I babysit." Marinette said.

"Don't worry, Marinette, you will be a natural at this. I am nervous because I have never been around little children before. But we will get through this together and take one step at a time. Adrien said. Marinette nodded with a smile on her face. "Now, what do you say we go and find our little girl to Foster?" Adrien asked Marinette. "Let's go." Answered Marinette.

Adrien and Marinette walked around for a bit, talking to children after children. When Marinette noticed a little girl that looked about 3 years old sitting alone in a corner at the back of the room playing with a doll. Marinette had grabbed Adrien's attention by placing a hand on his shoulder. When Adrien looked at Marinette and asked, "What's wrong, Marinette?"

Marinette did not say anything but pointed to the little girl alone in the corner at the back of the room, and Adrien saw where Marinette was pointing. They both stood to the side, watching the little girl for a couple of minutes, when they realised Nana Sue had approached them.