Chapter 28 - Play Date

The last couple of days has been quite Marinette and Adrien heard nothing from Alison's Birth Mother Lisa. But that did not stop them from worrying about what she may be planning. Adrien told Marinette not to think too much about it and just play it one day at a time. Now it is a Saturday and it is the day for Alison's playdate with Ella which is in an hour Ayla and Nino will be here with Ella.

Marinette Adrien and Alison were in Adrien's room watching TV when Adrien got off the couch and went to his draw beside his bed and got out a box. Marinette noticed that Adrien had something in his hand when he came back to the couch. "Adrien, what is that you have there?" She asked him. "You remember when we first got Alison and how we got that photo taken of the three of us."

"Yea, what about that photo?" Marinette asked him. "Well, I got that photo printed and bought a locket necklace. The necklace has..."

"It has the photo in it," Marinette said jumping in which Adrien nodded to. "It is to remind her that no matter what happens. We will always love her, and we will always be a family no matter what." Adrien explained to Marinette. "She will love it, Adrien." She said then kissed him. "Ali Honey, come here please," Adrien said calling his daughter over to him. Alison stopped what she was doing and walked over to her Father. "Yes, Daddy." Adrien lifted her up and placed her on the couch in between him and Marinette.

"I have something for you." He said passing her the box and helping her to open it. Thank you, Daddy, Mummy." Alison thanked her parents. "Your welcome darling," Marinette said. Adrien took the necklace from Alison to show her what is inside it. "Now this necklace is a locket, so it opens up like this," Adrien said opening the locket up. "What is inside it, Baby girl?" Marinette asked her daughter, "A photo of us." Alison whispered. "Yes, this locket will remind you that no matter what happens, we will always love you and we will always be a family no matter what," Adrien explains as he puts the necklace around Alison's neck.

"And if you get scared or sad when your Father and I are not around. Then all you have to do is look at the locket and know that we are always with you." Marinette said. Alison looked between her Mother and her Father then said through her tears, "I will. I pwomise Mummy and Daddy." Marinette and Adrien hugged their daughter. "I wove you, Mummy and Daddy," Alison said. "We love you too Baby," Marinette said to her then kissed her on the forehead followed by Adrien.

"Right what do you say about going downstairs to wait for Aunty Ayla, Uncle Nino and Ella," Marinette said to her daughter. Alison nodded her head and climbed down from the couch and run towards the door. Adrien and Marinette followed and the three of them went downstairs to wait for their friends to arrive.

Half an hour later Alya, Nino and Ella had arrived. "Hi Aunty Ayla, Uncle Nino," Alison said greeting her Aunty and Uncle. Alya gasp when she heard Alison talk to her and Nino. "Hello, Ali." They replied. "Ali." Shouts Ella. "Ella." Shouts Alison. The two girls hug each other in excitement as their parent's giggle at them. They had moved into the lounge area where the girls could play. "Adrien, Marinette I am going out, and will be back later on," Gabriel said as he walked into the room. As Gabriel walked in, he noticed that Ayla and Nino had arrived with their daughter.

"Good Afternoon Ayla and Nino." Gabriel greeted the two. "Good Afternoon Mr Agreste." Ayla and Nino greeted back. "We will see you later on Gabriel," Marinette said to him. Gabriel nodded then walked out of the room. "What was that? I have never seen your Father in person." Ayla said while looking between Adrien and Marinette. "I actually don't know; you will have to ask Mari what happened as she is the one that talked to him yesterday," Adrien said. Ayla gave Marinette the 'tell me now' look and Marinette knew that she better tell her or else. Marinette sighed before saying,

"Yesterday morning I went to Gabriel asking if he could watch Alison for a while and he was going on how he was too busy to do any of this babysitting." Marinette explained. "What happened after that?" Nino asked her. "I basically told him that since he felt that way then Alison would just go to my parents for the day and that he will never get to interact or even see Alison again," Marinette said. "Wow," Ayla said with Adrien and Nino agreeing. Then they moved on to talk about something else.

It was now later on and they were getting Alison ready for bed. Ayla, Nino, and Ella had left after Dinner as Gabriel invited them to stay and have dinner with them. "Did you have fun today?" Marinette asked Alison as she crawled into bed and Marinette sat on the edge of the bed and Adrien sat on the other side of the bed. "Uh-huh." Alison said who was struggling to stay awake after her fun day.

"Do you think you can sleep without your Father and I beside you tonight?" Marinette asked her daughter. Alison nodded then said, "Because you are right here." As she pointed at her necklace. "That's our girl," Adrien said. They both gave her a kiss and left her room. Once they were in the hallway Marinette turned to Adrien and asked him, "Adrien I want to pay half of the necklace."

"You don't need to Mari," Adrien replied. "But I want to Adrien," Marinette argued back. "It is fine. I wanted to get her that necklaces, so you don't have to pay for anything."

"Adrien..."

"Does it really mean that much to you to pay half?" He asked her which Marinette nodded too. "Well if it really means that much to you, then why don't you make it to me over dinner," Adrien said. Marinette couldn't believe what she just heard. 'Did Adrien Agreste just ask her out on a date?' she thought to herself. "Is Adrien Agreste asking me out on a date?" Marinette asked in a flirty tone.

"Yes, I am. Would you like to go to dinner with me?" Adrien asked. "I would like that," Marinette answered. Adrien then leaned in and kissed her and Marinette kissed him back. Adrien wraps his arms around her waist and pulls her closer, as she wraps her arms around his neck.

"Please if you are going to make out with each other, do it somewhere where I am not around," Plagg said in disgust as he flew out of his holders' pocket. "You are going have to get used to it Plagg," Tikki said flying out of Marinette's purse. Marinette and Adrien pulled apart with a giggle. Both Plagg and Tikki flew to Marinette's room for the night leaving their holder's in the hallway.

"So, where do you want to sleep tonight? My room? Your room? Or in our own room?" Adrien asked Marinette. "I was thinking about your room tonight, then my room tomorrow night," Marinette answered with a smile. "Sounds like a plan M'Lady."

"Oh, Kitty." Marinette kissed Adrien one more time before pulling away from him and headed to her room to get ready for bed as Adrien headed to his room. Once she was ready for bed she walked down to Adrien's room and when she walked into his room she saw him already in bed. Marinette walked over to the bed and hopped in beside him. He turned the lights off and wrapped his arms around Marinette and they both went to sleep.