Chapter 5 - Alison meets the Dupain-Cheng

Alison looked at her Grandma and then at all the sweets around the bakery. Sabine noticed so did Adrien and Marinette. "Where's Papa? Mama," Marinette asked her Mother. "He's doing a delivery, but he should be back soon," Sabine said as she served a customer. Marinette put Alison down and said to her, "How about you go and choose what you like from here? Then we can go upstairs." Alison nodded and grabbed Adrien's hand. "Want me to go with you?" Adrien asked his Foster Daughter; Alison nodded. Adrien then took Alison around the bakery to choose what sweets and baked goods she wanted.

"She is a wonderful child, dear. But she is timid, though." Sabine said to her daughter. "Yea, she is lovely, but she kinda has trust issues instead of shyness," Marinette said. "What do you mean trust issues? She seems to trust you and Adrien a lot." Sabine asked. "I will explain later," Marinette said as she saw Adrien and Alison returning. "Why don't you go upstairs and get her settled in," Sabine suggested. Marinette took her daughter's hand and led her upstairs to the house, with Adrien following behind.

Once the three of them were upstairs, Alison let go of her Foster Mother's hand and started to walk around the place so she could look around for a bit. Alison came to some stairs that led to another floor. Alison went up the stairs but could not reach the door handle; she turned to look at her new parents and then pointed to the door.

Marinette walked up the stairs and opened the door for her. "This is where you will be sleeping. It is also my room." Marinette said. Alison was looking around the room as Adrien came upstairs with her bags. They unpacked their daughter's bags with her, helping a wee bit. Marinette was starting to worry a bit about not talking. By the time I finished unpacking, it was time for dinner.

"Hi, Papa," Marinette said as she came down the stairs and kissed him. "Hi, Marinette. Now, where is my granddaughter that your Mother has told me about." Her Father, Tom, asked. "She will be down in a minute or two," Marinette said to her Father. A couple of minutes later, Adrien came down with Alison for dinner.

"Alison dear, this is your Grandad," Sabine said as she pointed to Tom. Tom smiled at his new granddaughter, but Alison still stayed quiet. The five of them all sat at the table and ate dinner. "So, Adrien, are you staying over tonight or not?" Tom asked the boy who was his daughter's crush. "It is up to Marinette and Alison if they want me to stay for the night." Answered Adrien. Adrien looked over to Marinette, who was blushing and waited for her to say something.

"I don't mind. Sweetheart, do you want Adrien to stay with us tonight?" Marinette asked her Foster daughter. Alison still stayed quiet but nodded her head. "Well, that settles that then. I will set up the chase in the girl's room for you, Adrien." Sabine said. "Thank you, Sabine." Replied Adrien. Sabine left to go and get Adrien's bed all set up while the others finished their dinner. Once dinner was over and all the dishes were done, it was time for Alison to go to bed.

When there was a knock on the door. Tom went to answer the door and came back a couple of minutes later with Natalie, who had a bag with her. "Your Father thought you might want this," Natalie says as she passes the bag to Adrien. "Thank you, Natalie, and please tell me, Father, thank you as well," Adrien said. Natalie nodded and then left.

Marinette and Adrien took Alison upstairs so she could get ready for bed. Marinette helped her get into her pj's, and Adrien helped brush her teeth. Once her teeth were done, Marinette was put on her bed with the help of Adrien. "You know, sweetheart, you can call us 'Mummy' and 'Daddy if you want to," Marinette told Alison, who again stayed silent. "We love you, sweetheart, and always will love you no matter what," Marinette said just before she gave Alison a kiss on the forehead.

Alison was shocked to hear about these people that she had just met. Loved her. "Goodnight, princess," Adrien said to his Foster Daughter. Marinette was shocked to hear the word princess come out of Adrien's mouth. It reminded her of someone else who wore black leather and a belt for a tail. Adrien kissed his Foster Daughter, leaving the bedroom and going downstairs. 'This might not be too bad being with these people, ' Alison thought as her new Foster parents walked out of the room.

When Adrien and Marinette got back downstairs, her parents sat at the dinner table drinking a hot drink. "How is she." Asked Sabine. "Alright. I think she is going to find, though." Adrien said. "Has she said anything to you two since you got here?" Tom asked the two teens.

"No, Papa, she has not said a word at all," Marinette said in a sad tone. "So, why does she have trust issues?" Sabine asked Adrien and Marinette. "Let's just say that she came from a very violent family before arriving at the Orphanage," Adrien said to Sabine and Tom. "Oh dear, poor thing," Sabine said. "Well, we are going to retire to our room. Have a good sleep, you two." Tom said to the pair.

"Night, Mama and Papa," Marinette said to her parents. "Night, kids." Called out Tom. Once Marinette's parents left for their room, Adrien and Marinette sat on the couch, talking for a bit. "Marinette, I spoke to my Father yesterday about the project, and he wasn't too happy at first and told me I was not allowed to do this project. But once I told him, it went towards my final grade. He came around to it. But anyway, the point is that my Father said that you could stay over during this project." Adrien said. "What? I'm allowed to stay over with Alison. And for how long?" Marinette asked him.

"I think he thought we have here for the whole six months. Not that he said that, and I know you probably wouldn't want to leave your home and be away from your parents for that long, but..." Explained Adrien. "Adrien, I will think about it. But for now, let her stay here with me just till she is settled, and you can come over in the mornings or stay the night whenever.

And if it does not look like it will work, I will consider coming to stay with you for the rest of the time we have her. DEAL?" she asked. "Sounds like a plan. DEAL." Adrien said, agreeing. After their little talk, they decided to head to bed since they could sleep the next day because it was the weekend.