Chapter 17 - Moving in with Adrien/ Dinner with Mr Argeste

"Why didn't you tell us?" Sabine asked them both. Marinette was rocking Alison, trying to calm her down, which worked slowly. "We didn't tell you, Mama, because we didn't think we had to," Marinette said. "Was this the only time you guys have seen this woman?" Asked the Officer. "Yes." They both answered. "Do you know anything about Alison's Birth Mother? Or her past?" The Officer asked Marinette and Adrien. "All we know is that she came from a violent family and had only been at the Orphanage for about six months before we chose to Foster her. But we don't know anything about her Birth mother at all." Marinette told the Police Officer.

"Mari, I think it is time for you and Ali to come and live with me." Stated Adrien. "Adrien I..."

"Mari, I can protect our daughter. No one can get through my gate unless someone lets them in or if they have a code to open the gate. Plus, I also have a bodyguard to protect us as well." Adrien mentioned. "That might not be such a bad idea to miss for you and your daughter to go and live at the Agreste Mansion." The Officer said. Marinette nodded. "Fine, we will go and live with you." She said. "Well, if that us all, then I best get going and write this report. But if something happens again or you see this woman, call us immediately."

"Thank you, Officer," Tom said as he stood up and shook hands with the Officer. "Good day." The Police Officer said before leaving the house. "Mama, can you pass me that ice pack, please," Marinette asked her Mother. Sabine passed the ice pack to her daughter, and once she had it, she put it gently on her daughter's cheek. But as she did that, Alison let out a scream. "Twat huwts Mummy," Alison said, screaming in tears. Marinette looked at Adrien and gave him a worried look which he had returned.

"Shh... Calm down, baby girl. It is going to be okay." Marinette stood up with Alison in her arms. "Adrien, please." She said as she was looking at Alison. Adrien nodded as he took Alison from her arms, sat where she had been sitting, and cuddled Alison. "Come here, Princess," Adrien said as he lightly held the ice pack to her cheek as nuzzled her. Alison gave lets out another whimper. "I guess I should go and pack our bags then," Marinette said as she walked towards the stairs to her room and went upstairs to pack a bag for herself and Alison.

Once she was upstairs, Tikki flew out of her purse. "Are you alright, Marinette?" Tikki asked her holder. "No, I am not all right. How can I be Ladybug and protect Paris when I couldn't even protect my daughter from getting abused by a stranger." Marinette said, angry and loud but not loud enough for anyone downstairs to hear. Marinette was finishing up packing her bag and was about to move on to pack Alison's bag.

"Marinette, this is not your fault. It still could have happened even if you were there as well." Tikki tried to explain to her. "It doesn't matter, Tikki, I still had left my daughter unprotected today," Marinette said, nearly in tears. Tikki went over to her holder and patted her on the head. "We cannot do anything about it now. The Police have the details of this woman, and all we can do now is loo to the future and what's in front of us." Tikki said. Marinette nodded, and she continued to pack their bags.

When Marinette returned downstairs with hers and Alison's bags, she noticed that it was just her Adrien and Alison in the lounge. "They have gone to get ready for Dinner," Adrien said, asking her unanswered question that she was thinking. Everything packed?" he asked. "Yea, we are all packed. How is her cheek?" She asked him. "The swelling has gone done a bit. But I say she will have a bit of a burse there for a few days." Adrien said. Marinette nodded to agree. Adrien's phone had vibrated in his pocket. He took it out to see who it was from.

G: Gorilla – A: Adrien

G: I am here to pick you all up.

A: Cool. Down soon.

Adrien turned to Marinette and said, "Gorilla is here to pick us up."

"Mama, Papa, the car is here to take us to Dinner," Marinette yelled out to her parents. "Okay. We will be there in a minute." Her Mother yelled back. Adrien stood up and placed Alison on the ground, but she wouldn't have it at all. "No, no, no, Daddy. No down." Alison said, gripping onto her Father's top. "Alison, Daddy has to put you down so I can help Mummy bring the bags down to the car," Adrien told his daughter.