Chapter 18 - Explaining everything to Mr Agreste

Adrien watched from afar to see how his Father would act around his daughter and if he would do what she was asking. "Gwandfawer uppie," Alison said. Gabriel just looked at Alison. That was when he noticed a bruise forming on her right cheek. "Uppie," Alison asked him again. Gabriel still ignored her and just looked at the young girl, who just looked down at her feet when she realised she wasn't going to be picked up. "Ali," Adrien called his daughter. Alison turned to look at her Father.

Adrien could see that Alison had a sad face and knew she was about to cry. 'how typical,' he thought. He couldn't even be nice to his Granddaughter. "Ali, come here." Adrien motioned for her to come towards him and Marinette. Alison walked back to her Father, and she put her arms up, asking to be picked up, which he did and let her cuddle with him.  "What happened to her cheek?" Gabriel asked the group. Alison put her hand to her cheek and hid her face in her Father's shoulder. Adrien rubbed his hand up and down her arm to calm her down. That was when Sabine broke the very awkward silence.

"Something happened today when these two were at school, and Ali was with Tom and me for the day. We were walking home from the Playground... Well, I think these two should explain from the start." She said as she pointed to Adrien and Marinette. Marinette felt herself sink further into the sofa when Gabriel turned to stare at her and Adrien, waiting for their explanation to come. "Well, Father... On Saturday, the day after we bought Alison home from the Orphanage, we took her to the park with Alya, Nino and their Foster daughter Ella.

Ali and Ella were playing on the Playground when Ella came running over to us, saying that Ali was upset and scared. When we went over to her, we saw Ali curled up with her hands over her ears. That was when Ella noticed someone watching us from the trees on the other side of the Playground." Adrien started to explain and then carried on explaining. "Then, on Sunday, when Marinette and Ali were coming to my Photoshoot to meet up for lunch, they were being followed by some women. We both recognised her from the Playground the day before."

"At midnight on Sunday night, the Bakery Alarms went off," Marinette added as she stroked her daughter's hair. "I heard about that on the news. What exactly happened?" Gabriel asked the Dupain-Cheng Family. "Someone threw a rock at the Bakery window, which caused it to shatter and had set the alarms off, waking all of us up. And by the time Tom and I got done there, there was no one around." Sabine said. "Mummy," Alison said, reaching out for her Mother. Adrien passed Alison over to Marinette for a cuddle. Marinette took Alison and gently rocked her in her arms while pushing some hair out of her daughter's face.

"Okay, so, what happened today then?" Gabriel asked in a monotone voice. "Well, Sabine and I were taking Ali home when I noticed someone following us a block away from the Bakery. The next thing happened so fast before we could do anything. This woman following us had grabbed Ali from us and asked her if she wanted to stay with us or go with her. Ali called out to us, which made the angry and hit her around the face." Tom explained to finish the story. A horrified expression came across Gabriel's face, and Adrien caught a glimpse of his Father's term, which was a look he had never seen on his face before.

"And you think that this woman that abused Alison today was the same person that has to be following and watching you three," Gabriel asked Adrien and Marinette, and they nodded. Gabriel watched as Adrian stroked Alison's cheek and hair and how he acted towards the young girl still in Marinette's arms. "Well, you both will stay here where there is protection around," Gabriel stated in his don't argue voice. "Adrien has already told Marinette, and they have their bags. Sabine and I are fine with Marinette staying here." Tom said.

For the next hour, they continued to talk when Marinette noticed that Alison had fallen asleep, she turned to Adrien and said, "We probably should get her to bed." Adrien looked to see his daughter sleeping calmly in Marinette's arms. "Yea, you probably right," Adrien replied. Sabine that she and Tom should be getting home. Gabriel stood up, followed by Sabine and Tom. Marinette moved Alison to a better position to make it easier to carry her. "You have her?" Adrien asked Marinette. "Yea, I've got her," Marinette said.

"Night Mama, Night Papa. I will pop around sometime tomorrow." Marinette said as she kissed them on their cheeks. "Okay, Dear, just take care of each other and stay safe," Sabine said as she gently pulled her daughter in for a hug, then she gave Adrien a hug. Adrien was shocked to get a hug from Sabine, but it felt nice to know what a warm hug felt like. "We are safe here, Sabine," Adrien told Sabine and Tom. "It was nice to see you again, Gabriel," Tom said as he put his hand out for a handshake. "It was good to see you both, too," Gabriel said, shaking Tom's hand. Once Sabine and Tom left, Gabriel turned to face Adrien and Marinette. "Adrien, I am sure you can get Marinette and Alison settled in yourself." He said.

"Yes, Father." Replied Adrien. Gabriel nodded and then started heading towards the stairs to return to his office. "Mr Agreste," Marinette called out. "Thank you for letting Alison and I stay here." She said. Marinette got a nod from him before she and Adrien watched as his Father walked up the stairs. After another 5 minutes, Adrien led Marinette up to his room. When Marinette walked into Adrien's room, she was at a loss for words. She has never seen a room that big before, especially a room with a basketball net, a skateboard rink, and arcade games. "Wow." She said. "So, I was thinking that all three of us sleep in here tonight and tomorrow, we can get you and Ali sent up in your own rooms." Adrien said to Marinette. "Sounds like a plan." She said. Marinette walked towards Adrien's bed and placed Alison on it.

Then she went into Alison's bag, pulled out her PJs, and got her changed without waking her up. Marinette then placed her in the bed and pulled the covers over her. "The bathroom is over through that door, so you can get changed in your PJs," Adrien said. Marinette nodded as she grabbed her PJs and went into the bathroom to get changed. While she was in the bathroom getting changed, Adrien got changed in his room and then put his clothes in his clothing basket for the maid to clean tomorrow. "By the way, my alarm goes off at 5am."

He said when he heard the bathroom door open. "WHAT!" Marinette yelled in a whisper. "I won't be getting up that early." "Well, what time do you normally get up then?" He asked her. "My alarm normally goes off around 6am." She said as she laid down beside Alison. "And you are still late for school," Adrien said while chuckling. Marinette sat up to look over Alison at Adrien. "Yip."

"How?"

"Because I usually turn my alarm off, then roll over and go back to sleep for another hour." She said. "Well, if you sleep too long tomorrow, I will drag you to school in your PJs," Adrien said to her. "You wouldn't dare to." She replied. "Purrlease try me because I will." He said. Marinette was surprised to hear a pun come from Adrien as she had never heard him use puns before. She got over her shock when she listened to his chuckling and ended up laughing. After they had finally stopped laughing, they kissed their daughter and said goodnight to each other, and then they were off to sleep, hoping they would get a good night's sleep.