Chapter 16 - The Attack

It was lunchtime when Alya, Nino, Marinette and Adrien met again. They found a spot under a tree where they could have lunch together and talk. "So, Nino, are you staying at Alya's house again tonight?" Marinette asked Nino with a curious look on her face. "umm... Only if Ella and Alya want me to." Nino replied. "What about you, Adrien. Are you going to be staying another night at my best friend's house?" Alya asked Adrien in her reporter's voice. "Well, only if Ali wants me to stay, then I will. But I would be there every night if she had her way." Adrien said. Alya gave Marinette a look that had made her blush a wee bit. She was thankful that Adrien did not see her blushing.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Gwandma, look at me," Alison yelled out to her Grandmother from the slide that she was going down. Sabine looked up and watched Alison slide down the slide and laughed when Alison tried to climb up the fall but ended up sliding back down again. Tom had noticed someone lurking in the shadows behind Alison. "Sabine, we should probably grab Ali and take her home," Tom said to his wife, sitting beside him. "Why? What is going on?" Sabine asked Tom. "Look behind Ali. Someone is lurking in the shadows watching her." Tom added. Sabine looked behind her Granddaughter and saw the person as well.

"Oh my. Let's grab her and head home then." She replied. "Ali, come here, Darling," Sabine called out. "Coming." She said as she ran over to her Grandparents. "We are going to go home now. Take Grandma's hand and stay with us at all times." Tom explained to Alison. Alison nodded as she took Sabine's hand, and they started the walk home together. The person watching Alison at the playground had been following them home, and when they were a block away from home. Alison was grabbed from Sabine's grip. Tom and Sabine had turned around to face the person who had taken Alison from them and found a woman standing in front of them with a tight grip on Alison's arm. "Who are you? And what do you think you are doing? Let her go now." Sabine said, trying to hide the fear in her voice.

"Your daughter is so cute and pretty." The woman said as she stroked Alison's cheek. Alison had tried to pull away from this woman. But her grip on Alison got tighter, and she let out a cry. The woman ignored Alison's cry and kept staring at Tom and Sabine. "We are here, Grandparents. And we have asked you to let her go," Tom said, getting slightly angry. The woman had crouched down to Alison's height and asked, "My sweet, sweet child are you going to go with these people or come with me?"

"Gwandma, Gwandpa." Alison cried out, scared. "Pwease et me go." She cried out again. The women were getting angry with Alison for not saying the right words. "You ungrateful little brat." She said as she hit Alison around the face. Alison screamed when she felt something collide with her cheek. The women pushed Alison towards Sabine and Tom, who were horrified that this stranger had just hit a child around the face. Alison ran towards her Grandparents, crying. Sabine lifted Alison into her arms to cuddle her. Tom was angry now. "How dare you hit a little girl. That is a form of child abuse. We will be ringing the Police when we get home." Tom said. The woman then walked away, laughing her head off. Sabine and Tom had rushed home to call the Police and to try and settle Alison down.

"Shh. It is going to be alright, Sweetie." Sabine said as she sat on the couch with Alison on her knee, crying. Sabine could see a big red mark come upon Alison's cheek. "Tom, get me some ice," Sabine ordered Tom. Tom went into the lounge while talking to the Police with some ice and handed it to Sabine. Sabine placed the ice softly on Alison's cheek. "Twat huwt," Alison said through her tears. "I know, Darling, I know," Sabine said as she got her phone and texted her daughter. "The Police are on their way, Sabine," Tom told his wife. Sabine nodded as she tried to calm her Granddaughter down.

Alya and Marinette were standing at the school door talking while waiting for the boys to come out of class. Once the boys had finally arrived, the four of them had walked out of the school building when Marinette felt her phone vibrate.

Ma: You and Adrien, come home now.

M: Why? What's wrong, Mama?"

Ma: Something has happened. Come quickly.

M: Okay. We are on our way.

Marinette had a worried look on her face when she read her mother's text. Adrien, Nino and Alya had seen the look appear on her face. "Mari, is everything all right?" Adrien asked. "We have to get home now," Marinette said with worry. "Why, what's wrong?" Alya asked. "I don't know just got this text from Mama telling me to come home quickly with Adrien." She said as she turned to look at Adrien. The colour had gone from Adrian's face. "We should go now," Adrien said. Marinette nodded and then turned to say a quick bye to her friends.

"Text me later to let us know if everything is okay," Alya yelled out as her two friends ran towards the Bakery. Once they had arrived at the Bakery, they noticed that the Police were there. Adrien and Marinette took one look at each other and rushed into the Bakery and upstairs into the house. "Mama, Papa, we are home," Marinette called out. "We are in here, Marinette." She heard her Father call her from the lounge. Adrien and Marinette walked into the lounge and saw two freaked Grandparents and one upset little girl with a Police Officer sitting across from them. "Mummy, Daddy." Alison cried out as she jumped off her Grandmother's knee and ran over to her parents. Marinette rushed towards Alison and picked up her crying daughter. "What happened?" Marinette asked as she pulled Alison away from her shoulder to look at her frightened daughter. That was when she noticed a red mark on Alison's cheek.

Adrien followed behind and came up beside Marinette. Adrien went to stroke his daughter's cheek, where he saw the red mark, and she flinched at his touch. "It huwts Mummy," Alison said, crying again. "What happened, Mama?" Marinette asked again. "There was a situation that happened today." The Police Officer had said. "What situation?" Adrien asked. "We were coming home from the playground when some random woman grabbed Ali from your Mother's grip, and she wouldn't let go of her," Tom said. "WHAT!" Adrien and Marinette both said at the same time. "What happened to her cheek," Adrien asked Sabine and Tom.

"This woman had a tight grip on Ali's arm and had asked her if she was going to go with us or go with her," Sabine said, trailing off. Marinette walked over to one of the chairs in the lounge and sat down, placing Alison on her lap, and Adrien sat on the edge of the chair. Marinette gently pulled up Alison's sleeve and saw the handprint on her upper arm. "Then what, Mama?" Marinette asked. "Then the woman hit Ali around the face." Her Father added. Marinette looked over at Adrien, who again lost the colour of his face. "W-W-What did this woman look like?" Adrien stuttered out. Tom and Sabine explained to Marinette, Adrien and the Police Officer what the woman looked like. Adrien had put his arm around Marinette's shoulders and pulled her close to him as if he was trying to protect her from someone.

"Have you noticed any strange things that have been happening lately?" The Officer asked. "Yes, we have seen this woman before," Marinette told her parents and the Officer. "Where?" The Officer had asked. "What do you mean." Asked Tom. "There has been this woman, who watched Ali on Saturday at the playground, then on Sunday the same woman had followed Mari and Ali to my Photoshoot," Adrien explained.