Chapter 8 - The Park

Once they arrived at the park, Marinette and Adrien saw all their friends there with their Foster kids. Nino, Ayla, and Ella were already there. When Alison saw all these new people she and her parents were walking toward, she started to get a bit scared of them. Alya saw her best friend and her boyfriend's best friend with their daughter, waving them over. Adrien and Marinette led Alison over to where the others were. "Hey, girl." Alya greeted her best friend. "Hey, Alya." Marinette greeted back. Alison got her Father's attention by shaking his arm. Adrien looked down at his frightened daughter.

"Daddy uppie." Alison asked, putting her arms up. Adrien picked his daughter up. "Hi, Alison," Alya said to Alison. But she did not get a reply. When Alya did not get a response back, she looked at Marinette. "I will explain later," Marinette said to Alya. Nino came over with his daughter Ella. "Hi Aunt Mawi and Unca Adwien." Ella said to Marinette and Adrien. "Hi, Ella." Marinette and Adrien replied. "Hey, bro." Greeted Nino. "Hey, Nino." Adrien greeted back. The six walked over to where the others were, and they all introduced their kids to each other.

There was Sabrina and Max with their son James, Chloe and Nathanael with their son Seth, Rose and Juleka and their daughter Amy, Kim and Alix with the twins Leah and Caleb, and Ivan and Mylene with their Daughter Caitlin. While Marinette's class sat around and talked to each other, the children were playing on the playground from Alison, who stayed close to Adrien and Marinette. "Why don't you go and play with the others, sweetheart," Marinette said to Alison, sitting on her knee. Alison shook her head and put her thumb in her mouth.

Adrien came over, sat beside Marinette and Alison, and poked his daughter on the nose, making her smile. Marinette set Alison down due to her legs going to sleep. Alison decided to walk around for a bit but stayed close to her parents. Marinette and the others were talking when they heard someone yelling and crying. Marinette turned around to find her daughter on the ground crying with Chloe, yelling awful things at Alison. Marinette marched over to Chloe and her crying daughter, with Adrien following behind shortly after he saw Marinette leave the group. "Chloe, that is enough!" Marinette said to Chloe.

Alison stood and ran over to Marinette, crying. Marinette picked up her crying daughter and placed her on her hip. "Oh, look. Marinette has come over to save the little weakling." Chloe said. "Chloe, that is not how you are meant to treat a child," Marinette said, getting angry at Chloe. "What, I didn't do anything. It was that brat who crashed into me." Chloe said, trying to look and act all innocent. "Don't play the innocent card, Chloe. I heard what you said to her. And even if she did crash into you, that is where you are meant to help her up and see if she is ok. Not yell at her." Marinette said. "What? It is not my fault she can't be the bigger person about all this." Said Chloe. Marinette was starting to get angry at Chloe.

"Look, she is even crying. Ali-trash must be a cry baby, and she even sucks her thumb." Chloe added. "Chloe, she is a 3-year-old girl. She doesn't have to be the bigger person about anything. You do." Marinette said in a yelling kind of way. Adrien could hear everything going on as he walked over to where Marinette was. He was about to say something when Chloe said, "She is a baby, Marinette. Look at her, she sucks her thumb, and she cries. Only babies do that." Chloe yelled.

"Chloe, that is enough!" Adrien said. Chloe looked at Adrien like she had not done anything wrong. "Chloe, that was really uncool, even for you to say such words to a child," Adrien said to his childhood best friend. "But Adrikins, I didn't do anything wrong. It was Mari-trash and her trash of a daughter that did it." Chloe said. "Chloe, that is enough. I heard everything you said to Marinette about our daughter," Adrien said, gesturing between himself and Marinette. "You can't go around saying things like that." Adrien said, then continued to talk, "She is only 3 years old, so of course, she will cry and suck her thumb.

Because that's what a 3-year-old does.". Chloe looked so angry. "Nathanael gets Seth; we are going home," Chloe yelled to Nathanael, storming over to him. "Seth, come on, buddy, we are going home now," Nathanael called out to his son. "Oming Daddy," Seth called back as he ran to Nathanael's arms. Marinette and Adrien, and everyone else watched as the three left together. Adrien led Marinette back to the others with Alison in her arms, who was upset. "Shh, shh, it's going to be alright, sweetheart," Marinette said to Alison, trying to get her to calm down. Alison started to reach out to her Father. "Come here, princess," Adrien said as he took his Daughter into Marinette's arms.

20 minutes later, Alison had finally calmed down, and everyone else had said their goodbyes and took their kids home, only leaving Alya, Nino, Adrien and Marinette and their daughters at the park. "Is she alright?" Alya asked Marinette and Adrien. "Yea, she will be fine." Replied Marinette. "So, how was Ella's first night with you?" Marinette asked as she turned to face her best friend while Adrien had Alison and talked to Nino, who had Ella. "It was good. She got along with my sisters well and with my parents as well as Nino's parents. But she did not want Nino to leave last night, so he stayed over." Ayla said.

"Wait... Nino stayed over at your place last night?" Adrien asked Alya when he heard the conversation between the two girls. Alya moved, so she was sitting beside her boyfriend and Daughter, which caused Marinette to turn around to face her friends. "Yea, I did stay the night. So, how was Alison's first night?" Nino asked. "Well, it was good she seemed to settle in alright, and my Father let me stay over last night," Adrien said, explaining how the night went. "Wait, hold on... you, Adrien Agreste, stayed at my best friend's house last night?"

Alya asked the blonde hair model. "Yes, I did stay the night. Like I am staying over again tonight." Adrien said. "Don't you have a Photoshoot tomorrow, dude?" Nino asked. "Yea, I do," Adrien answered. "If you have a Photoshoot tomorrow, you don't have to stay tonight," Marinette said to the blonde model. "But I want to stay another night, and I will go home in the morning to get ready for my Photoshoot. I have already discussed it with my Father, and he is fine. Plus, how else am I meant to learn more about you." Answered Adrien. Marinette had a slight blush that crossed her cheeks.

"So, dude, what did you find out about Marinette last night?" Asked Nino. "Well, I found this one here," Adrien said, pointing to Marinette. "Loves her bed so much, which causes her to be late for school," Adrien said, finishing his sentence. "I could have told you that, Agreste," Alya said as they laughed.  "Daddy can we go ober ta the swings," Ella asked her Father. "I do not see why not," Nino said to his daughter. Ella jumped off her Fathers lap and ran toward the swings. "Do you want to go as well, princess?" Adrien asked Alison. Alison nodded her head. Adrien put Alison down, and they followed Nino and Ella to the swings, while Marinette and Alya stayed where they were talking to each other and watching the four.