Chapter 12 - The Akuma Attack

During the walk to school, Adrien asked Marinette about what happened and why there were the Police at her house. But had he forgotten that they weren't alone? "WHAT!!!" Ayla yelled. "Don't panic, Ayla. I'm fine, Ali and my parents are fine too. It is just that at midnight last night, the bakery alarm went off. It woke us all up. Ali got upset and scared, but I calmed her down before going downstairs. Ali came with me, and I told her to stay on the stairs while I went over to talk to my parents." She explained. "What happened that it needed the Police there, Mari." This time it was Nino that spoke.

"After I got to my parents, they told me what happened and that someone had thrown a rock through the Bakery's window, which caused it to shatter, and it set the alarm off." She explained again. "Do you know who did it?" Ayla asked. "No, we don't, as by the time my parents got downstairs to the Bakery, whoever had done it was already gone. But I don't think it was by accident." Marinette said. "What do you mean, Mari?" Adrien asked, "Well, on Saturday at the playground, someone watched us while we were with Ali. Yesterday someone was following Ali and me when we were on our way to see you. Then this happened last night." She mentioned

"You think it could be the same person?" Ayla asked her best friend.

"Maybe," Marinette replied. "Ali would have been so scared. I should have been with you two." Adrien thought but didn't realise he said it aloud for his friends to hear.

"What would you have done, Adrien? There was nothing you could have done. Even if you were with us, it still would have happened no matter what." Marinette said. After that conversation, the four of them continued to walk to school, making small conversations to keep their minds off what they had just talked about.

During their first hour of class, they heard a loud CRASH and BANG coming from outside and heard people screaming. "Miss, can I go to the bathroom?" Adrien asked his teacher. The teacher nodded as Adrien stood up, walked out the door and ran to the bathroom. Once alone, Plagg came out of his hiding spot in Adrien's jacket. "Plagg Claws Out!" he said then his Kwami got sucked into the ring. Not long after Adrien left, Marinette asked if she could go to the nurse's office to lie down for a bit. The teacher nodded, and she was out the door running to find a spot to transform. Once she was alone, she called on her transformation. "Tikki Spots On!"

Ladybug threw her Yo-Yo and swung through Paris until she found where the Akuma was. When Ladybug arrived on the scene, Akuma hid behind a chimney from Akuma would not see her. So she could learn what the Akuma's powers were. "I am Dark Supergirl." Said Dark Supergirl. "Hello, M'Lady, don't you like perfect today." Chat Noir said as he landed beside his partner, taking Ladybug's hand and kissing its back. Ladybug rolled her eyes at the pun that her partner had just made.

"Hello, Kitty." She replied. "So, what is this one calling, and what are her powers?" Chat asked. "She is calling herself Dark Supergirl, and I'm guessing we will find out her power is soon. All I know is that she can fly." Ladybug replied. "Oh, GREAT!" Said Chat. "Why don't you come out and play Jenny since you're the one that took my doll away from me."

"Come out, come out wherever you are." Yelled Dark Supergirl. Dark Supergirl shot lasers out of her eyes. Ladybug and Chat Noir stood there shocked. They have never had Akuma that could do that before like a power. So, they both jumped in front of Dark Supergirl. "No one wants to come out and play with you, Dark Supergirl," Chat yelled at the young girl. "Ladybug and Chat Noir, how nice for you to finally show up. Give me your miraculous, or I will take them from you."

"In your dreams." Chat replied. "Where is the Akumatize object?" Chat asked his Lady, "Her cape." She yelled back. Ladybug and Chat Noir fought Dark Supergirl for nearly an hour. "I think it's time to wrap this up, Lucky Charm." Yelled Ladybug. A Supergirl doll fell into her hands. 'What am I meant to do with this? She thought then she realised what to do. "Hey, Dark Supergirl, over here, look at what I got for you." Ladybug said, getting the little girl's attention and holding the doll to her.

"My doll." Screamed the girl as she hovered to the ground in front of Ladybug and took the doll from her. Chat walked behind Dark Supergirl, took the cape off her, and passed it to his Lady. Ladybug ripped the cloak in half, and the purple butterfly flew out. "No more evil-doing for you, little Akuma time to devised." Ladybug said as she caught the purple butterfly in her yo-yo.

"Goodbye, little butterfly." She took the doll and threw it in the air, saying, "Miraculous Ladybug." Tiny ladybugs flew around the city, fixing everything the Akuma had damaged. Ladybug walked over to the little girl and took her to her parents. "Looks like Paris is safe again, M'Lady." Chat said. "Yip and I have to go. Bug out," she said, and with that, she took off towards the school, and Chat followed a few minutes after her to give her time to de-transform.

When Adrien and Marinette returned to school, it was lunchtime. Marinette saw Nino and Ayla standing at the school's front door as she walked out of the building to meet her friends. "There you are, girl. I was getting worried and thinking that Nino and I would have to take Ali with us when we go and get Ella just now," Ayla said with worry. "What are you talking about, Ayla?" Adrien asked, coming up beside Marinette. "I mean..."

"While you two were gods know where. The girls' Kindy had rung the school saying that we have to go and pick them up since the girl that got Akumatize was from that Kindy." Nino explained, "And they are not letting the kids out unless we go and pick them up now. So, the principal gave students in this project the rest of the day off." Ayla added. Marinette nodded and said, "let's go and pick up the girls then." The four walked to the Kindy and saw their classmates were already picking up their kids.

They even saw Chloe hugging her son so tight, which was strange. When they got inside the centre, they looked around for their daughters when Marinette found both Ali and Ella in the corner of the room. Marinette went up to them slowly so she wouldn't frighten them. Alison looked up when she saw someone get closer and saw her Mother. "Mummy." Alison cried as she ran straight to her Mother's arms. Ella lifted her head when she heard her friend yell. "Aunty Mari, whewe's Mummy?" Ella asked as she got up and walked towards Marinette. "She is here looking for you," Marinette replied, hugging her.

Marinette picked Alison up, took Ella by the hand, and went to find the other three. Ayla saw Marinette coming toward them with Ella holding her hand and Alison on her hip. "Mummy." Cried Ella as she ran the rest of the way to her Mother. Ayla scooped Ella up into her arms. "It's okay, honey. Your Father and I are here now."

Adrien saw Marinette with Alison in her arms. "How is she?" He asked her, stroking Alison's cheek. "A bit shook up and scared," Marinette replied. "Go to your Father while I go and get your bag," Ayla said, passing Ella to Nino. Nino took his Foster daughter from his girlfriend and held her tight in his arms. Adrien took Alison from Marinette's arms so she could also go and get Alison's bag. Once the girls were back, they all left the Kindy and returned to Marinette's house.