19. another trip to the hospital wing

I feel the pain return before I can even open my eyes. My eyes rapidly fly open as the memories of the previous night come flooding back. It takes me a second to register where I am, but I least expect my visitor.

"What are you doing here?" I mutter weakly to Malfoy, who is sitting on the edge of my bed, and gazing out the window. The sun is already low in the sky, casting a golden glow into the room, and creating a halo of light on Malfoy's blonde hair.

"McGonagall told me to come check on you," he simply says as he turns to face me. I nod before moving to sit up. The second I so much as shift my weight, however, I feel a searing pain return to where I was stabbed. I try to muffle my cry of pain.

A look of concern quickly crosses his features. "What's wrong?" He asks.

"I don't know, I thought Pomfrey would've healed me by now," I say. I bite my lip as I sit up all the way, trying my best to ignore the pain. Malfoy quickly stands and moves closer to me.

"She did..." he mumbles, the concern on his face only growing. I lean my head back, taking a deep breath while my side begins to throb. I clutch it in pain.

"Ashwood?" Malfoy begins. I look at him and raise a brow. "Can I see?" He simply asks as he nods to my side. I furrow my brows together and stare at him before letting out a loud sigh. I nod.

His hands slowly move to the hem of my shirt. His eyes lock with mine and I feel myself blush. Damn. He slowly begins to pull up my shirt, and a chill runs up my spine. I feel my stomach do a flip as the tips of his cold fingers brush against my burning skin. What the hell is wrong with me?

I force myself to look away.

"What the hell?" I hear him say. I look back towards him and see his gaze is fixed to my stomach. I look down and gasp loudly, my hand flying up to cover my mouth in shock. The sight before me looks like something out of a horror movie.  That will certainly kill the mood.

Right where I was stabbed, appears a large gash, yet, rather than being a typical red color, it is stark black. The surrounding skin is tinted an obsidian color, and it looks like veins surrounding the wound have been injected with a jet black ink, visible from below the skin.

"Oh my God." I breathe out. "What is that?" I cry out. Malfoy shakes his head in shock. "I have no clue. It looks like some sort of poison." He says. "Poison?" I exclaim, beginning to breathe heavily.

"Look just - calm down. I'll go get Pomfrey." He says, before quickly turning towards her office. I clench my eyes shut and take several deep breaths. No matter how hard I try to calm myself down, the horror scene in front of me makes it awfully hard.

I try to pretend like the horrific pain and image of my stomach doesn't exist and suck in a sharp breath. Seconds later, Madam Pomfrey comes rushing in.

"Some kind of poison you said?" She asks Malfoy.

"Well I don't know, I'm not an expert, it's just a guess." He says. She furrows her brows in concern and doesn't even acknowledge me, she simply pulls my shirt back up.

I swear she looks like she wants to faint for a split second when she sees my stomach. "Oh my." She whispers to herself, shock etched into her features. She quickly looks around the room before looking back to Malfoy.

"I- I need to get Minerva, stay with her till I'm back." She tells him. He nods, and Madam Pomfrey rushes off in a swirl of robes.

The second she leaves he leans back over me. He places his right arm just a few inches from my side to steady himself and is suddenly hovering over me and lifting my shirt gently up even more. He makes it seem like the most innocent gesture, but everything inside me screams that he knows exactly what I'm doing. He knows just by touching me in the slightest, it's messing with me quite a bit.