28. fights with the ferret

"So are you going to tell me now what all of that was about?" Draco Malfoy asks when I first step foot back into the common room. I stop dead in my tracks, anger bubbling inside me. He was getting on my nerves more and more every second I spent around him.

"Are you ever going to leave me alone?" I counter as I whirl around to find him sitting lazily on the couch near the fireplace. It was late so he was the only person around. I had spent most of the night in Minerva's office. She gave me a few books on Seers and Visions which I had read for hours.

"Hmm... probably not," he smirks. "You just live to annoy me, huh?" I scowl at him. "Yes Ashwood, my only purpose in life is to constantly bother you," he says sarcastically.

"Well that makes more sense," I mutter and turn back to the stairs.

"Where do you think you're going?" he snaps suddenly. I stop once more and slowly face him. "Are you my babysitter now?" I sneer.

"Oh sweetheart, I've been babysitting your ass since the moment I met you," he says, standing and throwing whatever book he was reading onto the coach. He stretches his long legs and walks right up to me.

"Tell me what's going on," he demands. "Nothing. It's not that deep," I roll my eyes. "Doesn't matter, I have a right to know what you're up to," he says, taking a step closer.

"Why are you suddenly acting all possessive?" I snap. He laughs humorously. "Oh, this is nothing," he says in a low voice. I stare at him with wide eyes and cautiously take a step back. "Well, in that case I think it's time for me to-" I attempt to back up and walk up the stairs but his hands reach out as he grabs a hold of both my wrists and yanks me into his sturdy chest.

"Dammit Ashwood! You have no idea how mad you make me," he growls in a hushed tone. I look up into his eyes, the fireplace illuminating his silver orbs. My heart is about to jump out of my chest as I struggle to catch my breath from his sudden outburst and our proximity.

"I - I don't get why you're so mad," I whisper.

"I don't like you running off for hours when I have no idea what you're up to. For all I know you could be dead, or shagging some guy from Gryffindor," he says.

My jaw drops, and my anger rises. I rip my arms from his grasp and shove him away from me. "You seriously think I'm sleeping around?" I snap. He smirks. "I wouldn't put it past you," he says smugly.

I lose all common sense and I can feel my face go red in anger. "You son of a bitch! I'm sick of your bullshit! I'm sick of thinking we are past these childish games just to go back to square one the very next day!" I seethe.

"Yeah? Well I'm sick of cleaning up after all your messes. I can't believe I got the most stupid helpless girl to fucking babysit. Hogwarts would've been better off if you had never stepped foot in this damn place!" He shouts.

"And it would've been better off if they hadn't let a goddamn Death Eater back here!" I retort, the words falling out of my mouth before I can even think them through.

Something inside him snaps. His hands curl into my shoulders as he slams me roughly into the wall, directly behind me. Every ounce of air, helplessly escapes my lungs and I look at him through wide eyes, feeling utterly hurt.

"Never call me that again," he growls, in a tone so sinister, it causes everything inside me to finally break. Tears well up inside of my eyes as the raging inferno only grows inside of his seething gaze.

Just when I thought Draco Malfoy was becoming someone slightly important to me, everything comes tumbling down. His arms are on both sides of keeping me pinned to the wall. I stare at him, trying to hide the tears forming inside of me, but no such luck. He registers the hurt on my face, and his own expression softens. He pulls away completely, moving several feet away from me.