33. serena snow

"It's really nice to meet you, you have a beautiful office," I say politely as I gesture to the surrounding area. "Thank you dear, it's my favorite room in this building of course," She smiles, before turning to Malfoy. 

"And you must be Mr. Malfoy," she says. 

He nods. "I've heard many things about you. I even went to school with you grandfather," she says. "You- you did?" He asks nervously. She smirks and nods her head. "He was quite the character. But don't worry. I don't judge based off of family members," she says, her smirk growing. My jaw drops and I quickly cover the look of amusement on my face. 

"I went to school with your aunt as well. We were both in Gryffindor. She's one of my dearest friends," she smiles. "I see the house pride followed you here," I say as I grin, pointing at one of the large lion statues. 

"You're a smart girl," She smiles. 

A sudden yawn takes over my body, and I can't help it as a wave of exhaustion finally hits me. "Oh my, you two must be so tired. How about Lily takes you two to your room, and in the morning I can meet with you both to discuss some things," She says. 

I nod, "That sounds great," I say. 

"Discuss what?" Malfoy asks abruptly.

"Don't worry about it just yet Mr. Malfoy," Serena says, a twinkle in her eyes. 

"You two can follow me again," Lily says, and we both turn our attention towards her. She hands the both of us golden key cards. "These are to your rooms," She says. 

"I hope you two find your accommodations fitting," Serena smiles. "I'm sure we will. Thank you," I tell her before turning back to Lily. The golden staircase that has since disappeared, re-appears in a split second, growing up towards the golden elevator. 

We follow her back in, and she quickly presses floor 79, just one below us. The elevator dings and the doors seamlessly slide open, revealing long stretches of hallway and paintings on the walls that come to life when we walk past them. "20 years ago my Grandma started this hotel for muggles, witches, and wizards together. Of course, she tends to keep the rooms separated. Floor 40 and above is for anyone from the wizarding world. At check in all you have to say is 'storm quill' and we'll know," She winks. "It's genius really. So many witches and wizards come to New York for the Magical Congress, and tend to need a place to stay, but then again so many muggles enjoy luxury hotels, so my Grandmother decided to double her customers and please both," she continues. 

We round the corner, and she stops right in front of a door. "She also decided to give you two one of the," pause "let's say nicer rooms, since you guys are our special guest," she smirks. I look to the double doors of the room and smile, "That was extremely kind of her," I say, smile bright and eyes wide. 

"That's my Grandmother for ya, extremely generous," she beams. She once more takes her key car, swiping it in the door before it clicks open. She pushes both doors open, and when we step inside the lights gradually turn on, lighting up the area. 

One of the biggest, if not the biggest hotel room I've ever seen, is right in front of me. My jaw drops as I look to the space in front of us. A large room with a massive wall full of windows, looking out onto the city, just like Serena's, except ours is a balcony and I feel a burst of excitement.  Few paintings decorate the walls. All landscapes. One of the beautiful ocean, the waves in the photo constant rolling as seagulls fly by. In another, wind playfully breezes throw branches of cherry blossom trees, the last is a painting of a vibrant sunset as a plane flies across the frame, the colors gradually changing. 

A small kitchen area sits off to the corner, perfectly placed. I then turn to the center of the room. A huge king bed sits there, covered in sily white sheets with pillows that look like clouds. My legs ache and I long to be on that bed, sleeping right now. Thats when the realization hits me, and it must occur to Malfoy at the same time.