54. the weapon

Somebody had ripped her open and poured molten lava into her bones. 

At least that's what it felt like. It felt like the most lethal poison had set course through her bloodstream. Like every nerve in her body had been set on fire. 

It felt like the worst type of pain imaginable. Sharp and hot. Debilitating. Her agonizing scream shredded through the air, and it almost startled her. It didn't even sound like the type of noise she was capable of. Stars were exploding inside her head and all throughout her body. It was dark in the warehouse, but she felt blinded by the brightest light. 

It seemed to last longer than an eternity, but she knew it was only a few seconds. And when it was done, she crumpled to the floor. Her hands twitched violently, and she silently prayed she wouldn't have to endure anything like that ever again. 

But she knew that would never happen. Because Emma Ashwood had a target painted perfectly on her back. 

"Get up," Rookwood growls as his hand grips the back of my shirt. He pulls me forcefully off the ground and I stumble forward. It was hard to see as my eyes adjust, but I slowly begin to notice the mercury masks ahead of me. A sharp chill runs down my spine.

They stand in a line, four of them as Rookwood drags me towards them. Each of them illuminated by what looks like a light coming from the tips of their wands. An eerie blue hue cast on those metallic masks, making me wish even harder that this is just some ruthless nightmare. 

That I'm going to wake up any second. 

But I don't wake up, I just keep getting dragged along until I'm thrown to the ground at the feet of the Death Eaters. I hear a cruel, and feminine laugh sound from above me. I freeze immediately. I recognize that laugh the second I hear it. Elena Morrigan, the not so lovely Death Eater I had met the night before. 

She crouches down slowly, pulling her mask up to reveal her face. A strand of white-blonde hair falls forward, and she looks at me with an evil grin. I refuse eye contact, but she roughly grabs my chin, forcing my gaze upon her. 

"Not so high and mighty now, are you?" She says smugly. 

If I didn't feel like a steam roller had run over me, I might just grab her by the hair and shove her head into the ground. But I had no energy left at all. 

"They'll come for me," I choke out. 

"Oh yes they will, and the second they walk through that door they'll be as good as dead," she says, a proud smirk on her face. 

"If you hurt them, I'll ruin all of you," I growl out. Booming laughter fills the air. I don't care. I don't care if what I said is the stupidest thing that could've left my mouth. It undoubtedly is. But I mean it. I would set this world on fire if any of these people hurt anyone else in my life. 

"Don't make promises you can't keep," Elena whispers, crouching down to face me. "After all, this is a result of your mess. It didn't have to be this way. You could've joined us. Though, maybe it's better you stay where you are. I do prefer having to look down to speak to you," she spits out, tilting her head down as she casts the cruelest gaze at me. 

"I would rather you Crucio me a million more times than ever join the Dark Side," I snap. 

"Very well," she shrugs. 

Shit.

She pulls her wand from her robes but just before she can curse me again, she is suddenly disarmed. My heart leaps and I strain my neck to glance behind me. I almost smile expecting to see Malfoy standing behind me, here to save the day.