𝐗𝐗𝐗.

Episode 21 - The Trap

ϟ

"Flash Missing. Vanishes in Crisis." Cisco said looking over the title of the newspaper article.

Barry's eyes followed as Cisco read out loud unable to comprehend what he was seeing and hearing. What the hell was this?! As his eyes scanned over the candid photo of The Flash, Barry focused on the article. He needed to know what happened.

"After an epic street battle with the Reverse-Flash, our city's very own Scarlet Speedster disappeared in an explosion of light," Barry mumbled as he read the words projected in front of him.

"Barry, look at the date." Sophia voiced.

Barry then looked up to see the date of the newspaper article and that read: April 25, 2026.

"April 25, 2026... Guys, when I fought the Reverse-Flash during Christmas he said that we'd be fighting for centuries."

"Wait, you can't really believe that this is from the future, right?" Caitlin said already dismissing it.

"That means Dr. Wells or whoever the hell he is... is also from..." Sophia said beginning to piece things together.

"...The future," Barry said finishing her statement.

"I have to say I'm really digging the brighter red suit and the white on the symbol that's dope," Cisco spoke smiling and admiring the suit.

"Wait a second, suppose we now change the color on your suit will it be because we got the idea from this picture that would mean that we're living a causal nexus... wow this is so trippy. Like Marty in the polaroid trippy." Cisco's said his voice pitching up ever so slightly in excitement.

"Hey, look at the byline." Caitlin pointed out. "It was written by Iris West-Thawne." She said.

"Looks like Eddie and Iris are married in the future," Sophia said with a smile on her face.

Suddenly the article in front of them was replaced by a 3D hologram of a beautiful woman. She is tall and slender with long blonde locks and piercing blue eyes.