Chapter 5: Knowing my Brother

It was the third day of the workshop when all the cast members and the production team gathered for table reading. Mew and Gulf sat next to each other along with the rest of the cast around a huge table facing each other. The exercise was as similar to the audition except the situation was less tense typically, between Mew and Gulf.

Ever since the two young men decided to call each other brothers, they felt they were in a much better position in their association. Gulf, specifically treasured their heartfelt conversation because only the previous night, he learned how passionate his character's relationship was with Mew's character.

Going through the script made him realize the ample number of kisses and intimate scenes he would share with Mew on screen and it gave him various mixed emotions. Evidently, Mew was not only a creative actor but was someone who was considered attractive and hot by both men and women while concurrently, he was stern and dominating at times which made Gulf find the idea of making out with him relatively intimidating.

Moreover, the thought that he had never loved and explored his emotions with a man daunted him more.

"Is something bothering you?" quizzically Mew asked placing his hands on the younger man's thigh as a sign of support.

"I'm fine." said the younger man nodding his head slowly as he pursed his thin lips.

Mew noticed how the younger man's moistened, glossy thin lips suited elegantly with his tanned and plump dimpled cheeks and it was appealing to his eyes. He adored his younger brother even more when he laughed and blushed awkwardly, every time he read out some cheesy lines as if he was in his first date. Still, the way he delivered his lines were powerful and were believable as Type.

"But Type, your grudge will put your ass virginity on the line" Mild read out his line aloud and the entire table burst out laughing. It was no longer new to the entire member that Mild was the loudest and most expressive among them. It was strange as to how his character, Techno take after him.

"Let's talk about your 'girlfriend' Type", Mild continued teasing Gulf with his lines who was playing the role of a homophobic, hot-headed, Type Thiwat.

"It's 'boyfriend' Techno" Gulf protested.

"But the script says you cheated on your 'Tharn' with a girl".

"Ey! Techno, why do you keep ruining our relationship?" Mew played along as he realized how Techno's character kept messing up Tharn and Type's relationship.

"Ah, ah, ah! Boyfriend mode already?"

"It's my responsibility to defend the person I love" Mew bantered wrapping his strong built-up arms around Gulf's waist while pulling him closely to which, the younger boy only laughed and did not resisted his touch.

"The show hasn't started and you're already flirting" Mild cooed.

"Ey, Techno...You're supposed to be my best friend but your foul mouth isn't helping" Gulf added.

"Shi-yaa! Look at this shameless couple gang-up against me ruthlessly" teased Mild, once again making the people around crack into laughter. He was indeed a mood setter.

But everyone noticed Mew and Gulf had gotten closer ever since the first kiss they shared.

The table reading finally came to an end. It was vital for it helped the production take notes of the pacing and allowed the boys to discover their characters. It perhaps was even the last opportunity for the entire film-making group to meet each other, socialize and improvise the script before the shooting began.

As refreshments were brought in and people scattered across the room, Mew grabbed hold of the younger man's wrist gently and pulled him closer while finding a chair for himself as he gestured the young man to sit on his lap.