Chapter 10: Placid Attraction

"Gulf? Let's grab some food" Mew proposed finally keeping down the drumsticks from his hands. Having spent almost three hours practicing the drums because his character, Tharn was a drummer and he being a perfectionist decided he would learn the drum rather than fake it.

Mew was tired but he was glad to see Gulf still sitting on the floor playing with his cellphone. It was already six in the evening but Gulf, even after finishing his practice session waited for Mew hoping not to disappoint the elder man who wanted to buy him dinner.

The idea that Gulf, who loathed any musical activity still decided to wait for Mew without a complain elated the elder man. Although, Gulf was someone who did not express himself verbally, Mew noticed that Gulf carried a soft heart and was someone who valued action more than the words.

"Are you done with your practice?" asked Gulf sliding his phone in his pockets and stood up parting his hair towards the right. Gulf was slowly growing his hair and had started parting it to the right as required by his character Type, but little did anyone thought that his hair would made him look so aggressive and mature unlike the soft kid he was.

"I think I am good for today, besides, we are running late for our dinner" packing up his back pack, Mew roughly pulled his white shirt and dust off his black jeans with his hands.

"We don't have to go through it today, you know. We can always reschedule again".

"Are you making an excuse to stand me up?" joked Mew

"Why are you always pessimistic? Sometimes, people say and do things out of good thoughts".

"Ah, silly, do not be too serious" Mew nudged at the younger man slowly and smiled at him.

Gulf was slowly getting used to so many layers of Mew Suppasit. Unlike the stern face he carried, he was caring, humble and someone who put others above himself. If people were getting all friendly and comfortable in the set, it was because of Mew, who never put himself in a pedestal nor did he had any expectations for others to worship him.

Mew was respected and loved by everyone in the set and it came without him demanding for it. He was simply being himself and people saw his goodness right through him. It was Mew that united the entire cast and brought in everyone together like a family.

However, Gulf felt a thick wall around Mew Suppasit's pleasant, happy personality. It was as though, no matter how hard he tries, Mew was someone who would never open up his vulnerability and it bothered Gulf because deep down somewhere, he wanted to be closer to him than he already was.

"Where are we going anyway?" Gulf asked as they adjusted themselves in Mew's black car.

Mew put on a grin, started the engine and pulled into the traffic saying, "I know exactly where we are going. You will love it".

The streets were lit up by the time they joined the broad boulevards lined with royal palms which soon changed into enormous business buildings on both sides of the road. The street widened, the number of cars doubled and the shops spilling out their glittering merchandise increased. The screeching of the vehicle wheels and the beeping of the horns intensified under the heavy Bangkok city traffic until they came across a marbled pavement of a tall building which had a banner that read: Eat Fit

"Here we are" said Mew parking his car right outside one of the most luxurious restaurants in Bangkok, only a dream place for thousands, probably the most famous restaurant for its traditional dish.

"Wow, I didn't think we'll come here". Gulf excitedly exclaimed noticing the marbled lobby of the restaurant as a blast of hot air from the street immediately hit him as he came out of the car.